Weaver scope mount

Help Support Ruger Forum:

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Has anyone put a Weavers scope mount on a Blackhawk ? I am trying this out on my Super BH. I had aSuper Red Hawk and sold it. A new BH Hunter is 800.00. So, I'm going to try this. Weaver mount 301 I bought 2 of these. I am going to see if I can put one on an Old Army. Ever seen a scoped cap and ball? Cole Younger is buried in Lees Summit, MO. He has 2 tombstones, btw. I wonder what those pistoleros would think? :shock:

rkrcpa

Single-Sixer
I've been using a Weaver mount on my Bisley 41 for decades without a problem. You may find it leaves a small mark on the barrel under the clamp. I believe a piece of tape may prevent that from occurring. Myself, I don't worry about it, it's a field gun with a lot of miles on it.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I made a gasket out of electrical tape and tightened base down. Looks good so far. Bushnell has an Outlet store close by. I shot this Friday, 240 XTP, 23.2 H110. Good load, now ready to scope this 1976 Super Blackhawk. Wish I had kept Super RH. Guess I could always buy another!

Aqualung

Blackhawk
I've used the Weaver mount on my Super Blackhawk for years. Bought it and the scope from a guy on this forum:

Hasn't shot loose yet, and I'd mounted it up before I'd discovered Loc-Tite.

I've got more close-up photos of the mount on my SBH. PM me if you want more shots on how it mounts.

I don't know if it would mout onto a ROA.

Aqualung

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Thanks for sharing. It will fit OA. cant use the clamp around barrel, but its loose. it does not hold barrel. so, I'm going to leave it off. What model scope is that?

Aqualung

Blackhawk
daveg.inkc said:
Thanks for sharing. It will fit OA. cant use the clamp around barrel, but its loose. it does not hold barrel. so, I'm going to leave it off. What model scope is that?

The scope is a Weaver 2.5x to 6x, I believe (or 8x)...

I very rarely take it over 3x, so don't remember the high end.

Aqualung

Latest posts