WC GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

silverback said:
how are those speed strips versus moon clips other than the cost of getting the cylinder machined.

Speed strips are a little slower than speedloaders which are a little slower moon clips. Masaad Ayoob has a couple videos on youtube showing how to use speedstrips. With practice you can probably run with most speedloaders. But moon clips are the fastest revolver reload going as far as competition. However, if you are thinking carry options. I carry speed strips for their compact concealability. They are flat and disappear in a pocket.

C.S.

silverback

Blackhawk
i can see that they would be good for compact carry but getting up to speed looks like some well thought out training would be required to get a fluid motion down. i may have to pick up a couple and give them a try. I read somewhere that the ones that hold multiple rounds of this version damage cylinder somehow? anybody? anyway, once i get my the revolvers sorted out , that i will keep i will invest in moon clips. i have had it done to my redhawk 45 lc and it makes for a no fuss no muss quick reload. now carrying is another matter. always a compromise.

Clarkston_cz

Single-Sixer
I've tried the Hogue TAMER grips and the Uncle Mike's Grippers.
tamer_zpsb2de4cb3.png

The TAMERS fit me better but are not as handsome as the stock WC grips.

No, I'm not selling the WC grips.

tamers_zpsd15760b9.png

Cyclepath78

Bearcat
I just picked up a WC GP100 recently. This gun and my cowboy boots are the two only impulse purchases I've ever made and never regretted. Love at first sight.

Clarkston_cz

Single-Sixer
I have a new pair that I tried on my WC yesterday.

They don't have the PLUG that people say you need, but I hear they are cheap.

http://rugerforum.net/handgun-accessories/32669-uncle-mikes-gp100-grips.html

My price for the Uncle Mike's boot grips is $28 shipped.

[email protected] for further.

Clarkston_cz

Single-Sixer
The smallest seem to be the Uncle Mike's.

I sold my WC to pay a huge vet bill.

Didn't even get to shoot it!

The Hogue and Uncle Mike's grip went with the gun.

Best of luck with finding some nice grips.

Brasso

Bearcat
The stock grips from Lett are still the best ever made for comfort. At least to me. I absolutely HATE! the hogue rubber grips and they are ugly as sin on an ape.

eveled

Hawkeye
My GP has the factory compact grips on it, they take the same inserts as the SP101. I think they are the smallest grips that were available for the GP100

SHOOTER

Buckeye
Smiths seem really easy to work on and get a great trigger pull. How hard is it to get a GP100 to get a light crisp trigger pull?

Harvey

Bearcat
Purchased a 4" ss about a week ago (new) at Four Seasons for $570. Excellent service at store, and so far, a great gun.