Wanting to send my Redhawk off to Hamilton Bowen.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

98Redline

Blackhawk
mindustrial said:
Ya, I'm liking that Anaconda bbl too.

The issue would be trying to locate a donor gun.

Something inside me would die just a little bit by taking the barrel off of a nice Anaconda for no other purpose than a donor gun.

Joe S.

Hunter
those are SEXY!!!

whats his website? id love to have an unfluted cyliner for my Alaskan...

**edit** looks like it isnt offered...
http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/catalog/ruger_double_action_basic_packages.html

Joe S.

Hunter
while i dont dislike the Taurus raging revolvers and would not mind having one (i actually almost bought one instead of my Alaskan), i MUCH prefer the look and feel of the S&Ws with full underlugs and the Rugers... so much smoother...

heck, even the 2 Dan Wessons i have had have been smoother than most of the Taurus's i have shot...

Anthony Williams said:
I would rather buy a Taurus Raging Bull, or maybe one of their 44.mag dbl action revolvers. Which I think are a much better looking gun. You can have your choice of bbls and calibers already set up by the factory. And probably have enough money left over to pay off your mortage.

A.W.

REP1954

Blackhawk
targetshootr, I'm not a big fan of stainless guns but this is one beautiful weapon if not the nicest looking stainless gun I've seen. If this gun shoots as nice as it looks you got a winner.

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
Lee Martin

I agree Lee, rarely if ever, can another weapon compare to the end results of Hamilton Bowen's guns.
Especially his work on the Ruger and Colt single actions, which seem to be in a class by themselves.

A.W.

Redhawk4

Single-Sixer
With everyone salivating over these great looking Rehawks, it raises the question why don't Ruger build a Redhawk with that style of barrel. I'm not expecting to get the whole custom look and finish, but they could certainly breath some new life into the old Redhawk.