Very irresponsible YouTube video

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
How to make a Wrangler malfunction. And stupidly suggest you can shoot it that way. I'm not as worried about shooting magnums in the alloy cyl frame as much as I am the cyl chambers not being perfectly aligned with the bore when it goes off. That will not be friendly to a steel frame let alone an alloy frame. That boy needs to learn about correct action timing before trying to swap cyls. Apparently he's not familiar with a range rod either or what it's used for. No wonder Ruger is so against people modifying their products.

Last edited:
I guess that little thing named a timing hand on some revolvers that indexes the cylinder perfectly with the bore is not very important. Disclaimer I worked on S&W. Those parts were made of different thickness to get the cylinder lined up on different guns. Not one size fits all.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
What are you worried about?

"It's *safe*...you got a hole here and you gotta hole here and it locks up..."

:rolleyes:
The force of the bullet under 19,000 CUP pressure slamming into the edge of the barrel forcing cone instead of straight done the barrel bore. No to mention the spitting of lead fragments, burnt powder residue, and combustion gases to the sides thru the barrel cyl gap.

Aqualung

Blackhawk
The force of the bullet under 19,000 CUP pressure slamming into the edge of the barrel forcing cone instead of straight done the barrel bore. No to mention the spitting of lead fragments, burnt powder residue, and combustion gases to the sides thru the barrel cyl gap.

Sorry, I was being facetious...I was quoting what the yahoo said in the video.

The "roll-eyes" emoji was for the video guy, not you, Hondo.

Aqualung

diyj98

Single-Sixer
I picked up a 32 H&R Magnum cylinder for mine. I haven't shot it yet, but it fits........

Last edited:

xtratoy

Buckeye
I tried 3 different 22 mag cylinders in my birdshead Wrangler. All 3 fit in , 1 sort of worked but needed help rotating sometimes and 2 wouldn't rotate at all. I wasn't going to shoot it with a 22 mag cylinder but was curious if they would function.