Not a Ruger, but very temped, Help appreciated

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Seen these little Henry 22lr levers on TV ads, they have sent me catalogs over the years, think they shoot shorts too ? Any experience with these? Seems like they are good quality? Thinking of the entry level youth 22 LR, Any thoughts? Buds is $285 shipped, seems like a good deal? Yes/No?

I own one Henry. Not a .22lr. I consider it suitable for a leftie due to the top ejection. The quality is good. It is American made. If I ever decide to get another .22 lr levergun (I'm happy with my Marlins) I'd but a Henry.

I am going to get one of the .410 leveraction shotguns shortly. I was kind of hoping they'd make it straight stocked instead of pistol grip. But, I may be able to change it to a straight stock with just a few parts. We'll see.

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
I had a Henry H001, liked it a lot but traded it for something else. I'm thinking of getting another one.

The first outing I had with the new Henry, I took it to the range to sight it in. Found it was already sighted in dead on and deadly accurate. I fired 20 rounds at 25 yards, then moved to fifty yards and started shooting a golf ball on the berm. No sight adjustments necessary...

The action is super smooth.

$285 is close to the bottom on price, but if you have to pay a FFL transfer fee, take a look at Walmart. They are $279 every day.

wdodd

Bearcat
My H001 is very reliable and a hoot to shoot. Nice smooth action and was very accurate out of the box. Do not plan to trade this one!

Mus408

Hunter
Not a Henry lever but I just placed my Christmas order for a Henry .22 LR pump action.
Like the old time looks of it and should be perfect for a fun plinker!
I see those old Winchester .22 pumps at Cabela's Gun Library but those are way up there in price so ol'
Henry I hope will do the job.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
If you can get an H001 for less than $300 jump on it!

Mine is one of my very favorite guns. Yes, it does shoot shorts, which is really fun. Yes, they are accurate. Not match accurate, but certainly "minute of squirrel head" accurate.

Awhile back I told myself I needed a lever 22 lr rifle. Really wanted a 9422 but, hard to find and to much money. Marlin 39a nice also, also not made any longer at used prices I found a couple in the 650 range. The Winchesters much higher. I handled both the Browning BL 22 in both barrel lengths and Henry in the blued round barrel and Golden boy. I like the USA made and non plastic coated wood vs the old finish of the Henry. Both actions are smooth. I picked the Henry and tested a few rounds in short CB and LR. My eyes cannot focus on the buck horn rear sight as they should. I may even file off the round post front sight to a squared off post. I have a Skinner peep sight on order. The 2 inch 10 shot groups I got at 25 yards should get smaller. I really like the balance of the 20 inch octagon barrel for shooting off hand. It points and holds much better for me then either gun in the 16 inch long and lighter barrel models. The rear stock comb is to low to use the rifle with a scope and have a cheek weld to the stock. The rear peep will have a sight height near the same as the barrel sights. Browning was about 50 more bucks and is a nice rifle. Time will tell if the Henry is an outstanding rifle or not for me after more testing.