value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

panther5547

Bearcat
I came into a Ruger Standard Serial #0221 I'm curious about value. I'm a noob on this site, so I'm not sure how to add a pic but would be happy to if anyway explains how. Thanks :)

hittman

Staff member
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51390

Tutorial: How 2 Use Photobucket 2 Post Photos update 9/12/13

==========================

Condition and the goodies (box, wax paper, etc.) mean a great deal on price.

panther5547

Bearcat
http://s914.photobucket.com/user/panther5547/library/?sort=3&page=1

You may have to copy and paste this link, but there are pictures.

SATCOM

Blackhawk
panther5547,

Nice gun!!!

Value of 3 digit Ruger Standard, see;

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=192238

SATCOM

panther5547

Bearcat
Thanks for the help guys, I'm looking to sell this gun and haven't seen any lower serial numbers. I got it from a gunsmith that I know who ran into some financial stuff, and I've been a good customer so he sold this to me. I'd take 1,150 Plus shipping. Let me know if your interested, I'd like it to go to a good home.

Thanks,

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
A nice Type I Red Eagle. The RENE price guide shows about $825 as what most collectors would pay for one like that.

panther5547

Bearcat
contender said:
Welcome to the Forum!
A nice Type I Red Eagle. The RENE price guide shows about $825 as what most collectors would pay for one like that.

Yes, as I've been doing more research I believe you may be more in the ball park. I'm just looking to make a fair deal and get return on the money a put out to help my friend who was having financial troubles. If anyone is interested, I'll entertain reasonable offers. That's why I came to a forum where people who really know this stuff could help me determine a fair value. Hopefully as well, I can connect with a good buyer who can appreciate this fine gun.

I commented to a friend how comfortable the handle felt, and he said that way back Ruger actually made tools and really focused on making handles that could be used for 12 hours. When they moved into guns they crossed over their handle designs and that is what make Rugers fit the hand so well. It's an interesting story, not sure how true it is. :)

Here is a bit more info. I've learned about this gun.

1949 RUGER "RED EAGLE" STANDARD SEMI-AUTOMATIC PISTOL
Model, .22 LR cal., with 4-3/4 inch bbl., and blue finish.
Serial Number – 0221 of 27,000 mfg. circa 1949.
blowback action, 9-shot detachable magazine, fixed sights.

street

Hunter
contender said:
Welcome to the Forum!
Contender you need to check the listing "Three-Digit Serial Numbered .22 Pistols and S. A. Revolvers" in the price guide. There it list the 3 digit Red Eagle at $1350 :shock:

contender

Ruger Guru
By gollee,,, I am a dunce. I just looked at the main page of the RENE price guide & had forgotten about the low numbered section.
Street is correct,,, a nice 3 digit gun does command more than I stated!
(Please excuse me while I go sit in the corner with a dunce hat on!)

street

Hunter
For all of you guys that don't have the RENE, let suppose you walk by a dealers table at your local gun show and he has a 2 digit Red Eagle that 98% and he wants $2200 for it. Is it a good buy?????

Well in the first place would you know if it had all of the right parts to be a 1st model, 2 digit Red Eagle? Would you know to check the firing pin in the 1st model bolt to be sure that it isn't broken, because a lot of them were which is why Bill Ruger re-designed it.

Look!!! The RENE only cost $25 a year and knowing that a 2 digit Red Eagle is worth $3000 and you, if you subscribed to the RENE, you would know that you would make a profit of $800 by buying that 2 digit Red Eagle. Let see $25 will go into $800 32 times. That 32 years of RENE for free.

Years ago I walked by a dealers table and there was a MK-I on the table and he was asking $155 for it. At that time that was the going price for a MK-I. Not a good deal right? I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enought because I read the RENE every month and I knew what a MK-I T514 Tapered Ear was worth. At that time they were selling for $400 to $500. I told the dealer I will take that and the dealer thought I ask him what he would take for it, and he said $150.00. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look guys!!! The RENE only cost $25 and with the knowledge that you get from reading it, it will pay for itself time and time again. Of course I was glad that the dealer that had the $150 T514 Tapered Ear Auto didn't get the RENE. I wonder how many people have gotten great deals from all of you guys that don't read the RENE. 8) 8) :roll:

George

Blackhawk
I have see a Ruger that looks like that with the "I Red Eagle" In about the same condition at my not so local gun dealer .. Had not even picked it up so don't know about the serial number on it but it looks to be in fine shape and the asking price was $275 as of less then a month ago.. I always wanted one but with a bull barrel and in SS that's the reason for my none interest.. But after this post I may just have a look at that serial number... Any thig else to look for? Thanks! George

Latest posts