Value ? Ruger Ranch Rifle Factory folder SS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

XP100

Blackhawk
What is the approx. value of a Ruger Ranch Rifle in 223 with factory folding woodstock. 1 Mag. 2 dings in stock, One where folder hit stock and the other where Mag was hit on bottom of stock. Fired 10 rounds since new. Includes manual dated 1985.Includes SS rings and Silver Simmons scope. I was told factory folding stocks are quite pricey. I tbelongs to a computerless friend. Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN0173.JPG
    DSCN0173.JPG
    474.6 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN0174.JPG
    DSCN0174.JPG
    431.1 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN0175.JPG
    DSCN0175.JPG
    431.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0176.JPG
    DSCN0176.JPG
    477.7 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0177.JPG
    DSCN0177.JPG
    372.3 KB · Views: 99

hittman

Staff member
Only my experience, others may know more or something different.

The value of the stocks took a serious tumble when someone began making them again and selling them in the $250 range ( I think ). Maybe the name of the new one is Sampson. ( ?? )

To get an additional price for the gun it will need to be lettered by Ruger. If it didn't leave the factory with the folder, it's just a plain Jane Mini.

XP100

Blackhawk
It left the factory as the pictures show. Guy that owns it has had it for over 30 yrs.

Thanks I didn't know someone made a copy of the folding stock.

hittman

Staff member
A potential new buyer will want the letter unless of course he still has the box with proper end label.

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
I have the same Mini 14 with the box...... It is quite valuable.... ( but then again so aren't any Mini 14's these days )
It is true that Samson Manufacturing is making the same folding stock New these days ( with Ruger's blessing & just down the street from them in NH )

What sets your friend's apart is the front sling loop on the front gas block.... it is on the Left Hand side vs. on the bottom like any other Mini today.
That being said, it wouldn't make a difference to a pawn shop or anyone who doesn't notice, but sets it apart as the original setup vs just slapping a folder on a Mini. To the right buyer I am thinking $1500-$2000

nice gun and with the front sling swivel over to the "left" side, it left the factory that way....later, added on folders ( factory or not) the sling swivel is on the bottom of the front assembly.......... around here they are pushing $1200-1500 and they sell..... (y) (y)

moparclan

Single-Sixer
That is a correct version with the gas block swivel on the left side, does it have the original swivel on the rear of stock. They were different than what you can get nowadays. Push button not the newer type knurled screw type.
DSC01384 (2).JPG

dsf

Bearcat
Also, although I presume the parts are interchangeable, the original pistol grip is made of a different material than the Samson version. I have a few of the Samsons and the finish is a matte type while the original tends to have a bit of shine to it.

If sold this gun definitely needs to steer clear of pawn shops or a big box type store that takes trades. Ought to go to someone who knows his stuff.

hittman

Staff member
$1300 is what one of these brought recently on Gun Broker. Stainless, no box, used, folding stock, no factory letter.

To me, for $2000 one should be NIB with proper end label or factory letter.

One NIB with original wood stock AND a Sampson folder sold for $1100.

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
I just looked at GB , looks to be 4 authentic folders . Cheapest is Two thousand buy it now .! Higher than I thought .

I have seen the factory folders minus the gun do $600 plus .May get hurt with the Samson out there now. But I looked, samsons out of stock every where. So ....?
That's the Full Auto SCAR CQB version. I know he has at least 2. It's been his screen name for a long time. I believe he developed an affinity during his Special Foreign Service time. I've got to shoot them a few times.

Latest posts