Value of a SR1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jon S

Bearcat
What would you pay for one, I have one, got a good price on it a few months ago, now I have another one that came in off a waiting list and am contemplating selling it.
What is the best avenue to sell it?
What do you think the going price is, do you see it going up or down in the near future?
Other words of wisdom?
Thank you,
Jon

trauma1

Single-Sixer
Seems like the "average" going price is in the $599-$699 range. Some for a little more. Most people that are buying them are Ruger fans though, like me. The new 1911 converts are going for the Springfields, Kimbers, Sig's, etc. Geography also plays a good role in the price. Some places are getting them frequently and some not. $650 shipped wouldn't seem to outrageous though.

revhigh

Hawkeye
mattsbox99 said:
They are going up to $900 + shipping on Gunbroker.

What's that old saying about a fool and his money ..... ???

REV

wws

Bearcat
I paid $669.99 for mine in CT. I was at a gun show in Georgia a few weeks ago and one vendor was asking $979 and another vendor wanted $749.

tankusaz85546

Bearcat
An individual had a used one at the Tucson Show SAturday. Asking $700 firm. Saw him 1/2 hr. later and the add was scribbled off his marque. I wanted it really bad, but also want to support my Local guy who will sell me one at that same price OTDoor. Was very nice piece and at least I got to set my eyes on one. You all have a great one!

guidedfishing

Single-Sixer
Held one in my hand last weekend, it was mine for 700 + background check and tax. I was impressed but not as impressed as I had anticipated. When I went in I had every intention of purchasing one. I thought about getting both the SR1911 and the 1911 I did purchase but that probably would of put me on the naughty list with the wife. I thought 700 was just a little high, we'll see how things loosen up. The guy I handed it to was very happy and I'm pretty sure he purchased it. I'm still going to get one but the over riding urge to have one right now has left me.

shoot straight and shoot often.
GF