Value 3-digit Super Bearcat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A recent visit to a local gun shop resulted in the purchase of a Liberty model Security-Six. While there, I looked at an Old model Super Bearcat, S/N 91-005xx with the original "okay" condition box. Asking price $400. When I got home I looked up the value of the 3-digit Super Bearcat in Chet's price guide. $755? Is this an accurate value? It is in very nice condition.

Thanks for the input!

Dave

Yes, has the box, instructions and warranty card. Some bluing wear on the front and back of the grip frame from handling and maybe a touch of wear on the muzzle. Otherwise nice... SN 91-0052x

From advise given so far, I WENT BACK AND BOUGHT IT! :wink:

Thanks, guys :D

Sub sailor

Bearcat
Please help me out, I am confused. That "3 digit model" was made in 1971 according to information on Ruger's web site. How is it worth more than a Bearcat made in say...1963? A Bearcat manufactured in 1963 would have a 5 digit number, but without the 2 digit prefix (90- or 91-) like this 1971 model. Please explain why the 1971 model is more desirable. Thanks in advance for a little education!

radicalrod

Hunter
Sub sailor said:
Please help me out, I am confused. That "3 digit model" was made in 1971 according to information on Ruger's web site. How is it worth more than a Bearcat made in say...1963? A Bearcat manufactured in 1963 would have a 5 digit number, but without the 2 digit prefix (90- or 91-) like this 1971 model. Please explain why the 1971 model is more desirable. Thanks in advance for a little education!

Well it's a numbers thing...….

If we have to tell you why you probably wouldn't understand anyway....

Using some old biker logic.....

I bought this one .....
z6wgElq.jpg

and this one...…
uxKweWc.jpg

and these two
GRKPAut.jpg

because of these two.....
t3xsQuB.jpg

Johnnu2

Hunter
SteveRuger said:
The 91 pre-fixed guns are know as the Super Bearcats they have a steel frame and trigger guard that added a little more weight to the small gun.
Early Bearcats ended with the 90 pre-fix.

SteveRuger, many thanks for that explanation; I was actually afraid to ask and glad Sub sailor took the hit... You've always been very helpful for those of us who have a love of Rugers but not a life of Rugers.... :)))
J.

contender

Ruger Guru
Johnnu2,, around here,, NEVER be afraid to ask a question. We do try & be polite in our responses. We understand how not everyone is a deep & serious Ruger collector like a few of us are.

RR,,, showing off a FEW of his FINE Bearcats again!!!!!!!!!

radicalrod

Hunter
Golly Gee I think my answer wasn't taken in the spirit intended...…

Just channeling the ghosts of RUGER FORUM past.....

buy a Red Eagle News Exchange membership too....RR

Latest posts