Used CMD

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wfac106

Bearcat
Greetings! Saw a used (in excellent condition) CMD in my LGS for $600. Just wondering if that is a good price or not. Thanks for any and all input.

MacA

Bearcat
I would say that $600 is on the "very" high end of the used value. But it would need to be perfect! And Golferboy's $425 would be a steal, not normal! I would offer $500 OTD and hopefully they will meet you at $550 OTD. As mentioned above, the Std. SR1911s and CMDs are selling new for $600 in some locations. Do a Google search and print a few examples and take the documentation with you to your LGS.

Note: The values I mentioned would be for a VERY nice / excellent condition CMD with case and ALL components/docs that came with the gun new! Anything less drops price accordingly!

Good luck!

AEROCOLOR

Bearcat
The issue I`m seeing is used guns in the present marketplace don`t lose much value...

mohavesam

Hawkeye
golferboy426 said:
not I paid 425 for mine private sale maybe 500 rounds thru it

You paid for a used gun and someone took a beating on it. Let me know if you can repeat that price anytime soon.

I know I got a deal. That said it was advertised for 500 and got no takers, then dropped to 450 still no takers, I could not resist. No doubts about it being "hot" either as it's one of those registered guns here in CT so both of us have permits paperwork was done.

rich642z

Single-Sixer
I bought a SR1911 that was used but,I have a FFL license and bought it for with tax $400.00 No trade from Cabela's. And came with 10 magazines. Was listed for $719.99 before I bought it.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I think your dealer is making about $6 on a $600 sticker pricing... Yes, 600 bucks is s good deal for a stocking dealer NIB CMD.

rich642z

Single-Sixer
Any firearm I buy,I pay cost and tax. So no one can complain about it for me not paying sales tax. They do have my tax numbers at Cabela's. When I buy on my own,I pay the tax. When I buy for one of our stores,I use my ffl and have it shipped to the stores. Obama made some new exec laws this year. one of them is what I am writing about.

rich642z

Single-Sixer
I got the copy that was faxed to me by my batfe agent. FFL liecenses are expensive especially for a class 3 for which I do have. I have to much to loose if I do not obey this type of law to be on the safe side. My attorneys are working to nullify this executive order by Obambam.

dakota1911

Buckeye
Mine was $669 new in Jan 2013. Lately down here in the SW I have seen new ones new for $629. Both the SR1911s and SR1911CMDs.

sousana

Single-Sixer
golferboy426 said:
I've never heard of Cabela's being that stupid. Bet when the auditors see that transaction, somebody gets fired. BTW why would an FFL have to pay tax????

If it comes out of dealer inventory the dealer still needs to pay tax on the purchase price, but at least gets to avoid nics as he's already been vetted for the license.

dakota1911

Buckeye
That seems a bit high to me right now. I have seen them new in gunstores down here in the SW in the $649 area new in gunstores the last few months. That is retail and no police discount or anything. I paid $669 for mine in Jan of 2013, but it was one of the first ones in the area. Lovely pistol by the way.

eveled

Hawkeye
I agree with dakota, $669 was a great price, when he bought his. I paid $686 for mine. Now at my LGS, the regular price for a brand new one is $649 minus 2 percent for cash. Ed