update on backwards magazine.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

inspector 424

Bearcat
When I received my mag out tool in the mail, it still did not work. After three hours I did exactly what the few sentences of instructions said and the mag would not come out. NOW FOR THE GOOD PART
Measure where the detent lock is on the second magazine. line up the tool to the bottom of the detent and place a mark on the tool. Install the tool up to the line, push the magazine and tool in 1/4 inch and pull both out. It worked soo easy that I purposely installed it backwards several times. I can now remove the magazine in 4 (FOUR) seconds. The tool is great, all they need is better directions.

JTGant

Bearcat
GOD created these types (backwards mag inserters) so that people could make a few $$ off of them.....

inspector 424

Bearcat
unfortunately the mark 3 is a bad design. I have never seen a pistol that the magazine could be put in backwards until the mark 3 was invented.

Bullseye57

Single-Sixer
The Mark III uses the same basic sized frame and magazine body that the earlier versions use. If it is happening with the newer Mark III models than it happened with the older ones. The difference is the Mark III's magazine safety hook, it catches the newer magazines and holds them locked into the frame. It the past, folks just removed the backwards magazine and never gave it a second thought. Only the newer ones won't release a backwards inserted mag and it becomes stuck, hence the problem.

R,
Bullseye

Jeepnik, I've asked this question before when it struck me as extremely odd.
I've got to say it again. I'm so happy none of these individuals live within gunshot of my location.

I've never put a mag in backwards but I would be very hesitant to say I never will....

Could we get a picture of the 'tool' used for removal.... I would think that any hardened thin steel would do the trick... like the metal used on dip sticks and electrical wire pullers.