Tulips at the Dallas Dallas Arboretum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

On Saturday we went to the Dallas Arboretum. They have a special tulip festival, and we caught the last few days before they change the gardens to something else. For anyone close who hasn't been, it's definitely worth going to check out. Here are some flowers I thought y'all might enjoy. I have really started to enjoy close up photography, it takes on a whole new appearance and it becomes more about lines and shapes, fine details. Some are better than others, let me know what you think? I can take criticism of my photography skills (or lack of) very well. It helps me improve...

P1160944.JPG

P1160942.JPG

P1160925.JPG

P1160823.JPG

P1160836.JPG

P1160843.JPG

P1160852.JPG

6gun

Hunter
Cool to bad you didn't have colored film in your camera :lol: I've always wanted to see the big Tulip festival in La Conner Washington but have never made it, ever go to that Kevin when you lived up this way?

Sounds like this year they bloomed early like the middle of March instead of in April, I remember one year I was going to go in April and they hadn't bloomed yet, from what I understand it's really something to see hundreds of acres all in different colors

6gun said:
Cool to bad you didn't have colored film in your camera :lol: I've always wanted to see the big Tulip festival in La Conner Washington but have never made it, ever go to that Kevin when you lived up this way?

Sounds like this year they bloomed early like the middle of March instead of in April, I remember one year I was going to go in April and they hadn't bloomed yet, from what I understand it's really something to see hundreds of acres all in different colors
He had color film in the camera.
Those are the very very rare Gray Two Lips :D

6gun

Hunter
Wyandot Jim said:
6gun said:

He had color film in the camera.
Those are the very very rare Gray Two Lips :D

Oh..... I see :lol:

I bet Kevin is also thinking to himself stupid old geezers still think camera's take film. :lol:

6gun, are you talking about the tulip festival up on the drive over to Anacortes? We went up there a couple times to ride the ferry out to the islands, but not at the time of the festival.

One fun drive we took once was in my truck over some dirt forest service road ending up in Concrete. I had some pretty good too maps of the area...it took a while, but we made it to Concrete. What a great name. Then after moving to Carnation most of our vacations seemed to be to Mt. Ranier.

I'll post some pictures of Carnation the next time I turn on the computer...

are you sure it isn't your monitor? I could swear the flowers are in color? :D :D :D

I do actually remember seeing film once or twice... I was talking with a friend about film vs digital. Film does give you certain advantage, like true black for example. Or being able to push or pull film to get a variety of effects you may want. Huh! Look at that. I took a black and white course in college. We used film... course the professor was some old geezer... :D

RSIno1

Hunter
6gun said:
I understand it's really something to see hundreds of acres all in different colors
There are a couple wild flower seed places (one in S Ventura county and the other in N San Diego county CA). Rows and rows of every color imaginable. When they are blooming you can walk the fields.

6gun

Hunter
Kevin said:
6gun, are you talking about the tulip festival up on the drive over to Anacortes? We went up there a couple times to ride the ferry out to the islands, but not at the time of the festival.

One fun drive we took once was in my truck over some dirt forest service road ending up in Concrete. I had some pretty good too maps of the area...it took a while, but we made it to Concrete. What a great name. Then after moving to Carnation most of our vacations seemed to be to Mt. Ranier.

I'll post some pictures of Carnation the next time I turn on the computer...

are you sure it isn't your monitor? I could swear the flowers are in color? :D :D :D

La Conner is away's south of Anacortes and not as far west, since I never made it to the festival I don't know how far north it expands but I think were talking about the same festival.

Carnation is a nice area although it floods a lot there in the fall, about 10 years ago I was driving out to Carnation daily to help finish a girl scout camp the company was building at the time in the hills east of the highway.

I remember the place well cause while working on the big lodge building a coworker left a loose board on the stairs causing me to fall and break my ankle, still remember driving home about 35 miles to go to the doctor with my manual transmission and much it hurt pushing in the clutch.

Thank you for all the nice compliments.

6gun. Now I will have to post some pictures of Carnation. Yes it did flood. The Tolt river right there flowing into the Snohomish. I have some good flood pictures. By the way, we lived there from 2004 to July 2006. So right around the time you were working there. We moved just as they were wanting to build a city wide sewer system instead of the septic tanks everyone had...

6gun

Hunter
Kevin said:
Thank you for all the nice compliments.

6gun. Now I will have to post some pictures of Carnation. Yes it did flood. The Tolt river right there flowing into the Snohomish. I have some good flood pictures. By the way, we lived there from 2004 to July 2006. So right around the time you were working there. We moved just as they were wanting to build a city wide sewer system instead of the septic tanks everyone had...

That time period sounds about right I got sent over to Carnation for a couple months in the spring after the big flood, I remember the guys talking about how at times they couldn't make it to work that winter because of flood water.