Trigger for 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Maybe I got lucky with my factory trigger, because my brother-in-law gave me a BX, and it's good, but not significantly better as far as I can tell. But I'm not a trigger connoisseur, so take it for what it's worth.

And yes, some factory triggers are significantly better than others. Many older trigger groups with the aluminum housing are much better than most of the new triggers with the plastic housings. And even between two otherwise identical factory triggers, one will be better than another.

Right now, I'm seeing the BX triggers for sale online for $63 . That's pretty cheap for the one and only upgrade I do with any of my 10/22's. For me it's a very worthwhile improvement, although I can make a factory trigger work, too.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
BX was delivered today from Brownells, I installed it this morning and I dont have a trigger pull scale but man it it so much better then the heavy, crunchy pull of the stocker. Can't wait to get it to the range.

I'm shopping a new drop in trigger assembly for my 30 year old 10/22. Seems BX seems like a good piece and the price is right. I don't need a tack driver but the stock triggers pull is pretty damn bad. Saw some vids on the BX and reviews are good. Just wondering, is there any other trigger is about the same price range I should check out or just go with BX? Thanks
I had never really thought about the trigger on my oldest 10-22 which I use for plinking, not benchrest. The I bought a CZ to use for work demanding a little more precision. After getting used to the CZ, the first time I went back to the 10-22, I pressed the trigger, then pressed harder, then still harder until it fired. I actually checked to see if the safety was on halfway through the process.

I do not know of any other triggers at the price point of the BX. There are many great triggers that are much more expensive, with Kidd, in my opinion, being the best that I have tried. I could not however, justify a Kidd trigger for a plinker. Timney's are good too at half the price of a Kidd but twice the price of a BX

Having said all this, the BX is a significant upgrade over stock at a ridiculously low price. Do not test shoot a Kidd or you may never be happy with anything else, just drop in the BX and call it good. If you ever decide to build an ultimate 10-22, you can revisit the Kidd later.

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
I was given a 10-22 recently and it had the original trigger in it. Trigger pull was 6 1/2 pounds, I felt like I forgot to release the safety.

I'm preparing the gun for Steel Challenge shooting. The BX trigger was recommended and I ordered one for $ 60. It helped but still not good enough. It's just over 3 pounds. I was hoping to the 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 as advertised but 3.3 pounds isn't that bad.

I'm building another 10-22 now and this one is for precision. Bhe BX trigger isn't good enough so I ordered the KIDD trigger kit that's advertised to be 1.5 - 2.5 pounds. I have no troubles doing the installation so I'm going to give it a try. I'll probably sell my BX. I have an old trigger from a build of many years ago and it's at 2 .25 pounds with no take up or over travel.

The trigger kit is $ 127. About twice the price of the BX but for this gun I think it's worth it.

Last edited:

RC44Mag

Buckeye
I was given a 10-22 recently and it had the original trigger in it. Trigger pull was 6 1/2 pounds, I felt like I forgot to release the safety.

I'm preparing the gun for Steel Challenge shooting. The BX trigger was recommended and I ordered one for $ 60. It helped but still not good enough. It's just over 3 pounds. I was hoping to the 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 as advertised but 3.3 pounds isn't that bad.

I'm building another 10-22 now and this one is for precision. Bhe BX trigger isn't good enough so I ordered the Volquartsen trigger kit that's advertised to be 1.5 - 2.5 pounds. I have no troubles doing the installation so I'm going to give it a try. I'll probably sell my BX. I have an old trigger from a build of many years ago and it's at 2 .25 pounds with no take up or over travel.

The trigger kit is $ 127. About twice the price of the BX but for this gun I think it's worth it.
when you get out road testing let us know how it measured up

10-22 started out as a simple, rugged, functional 22 semi-auto. No need for a tricky wicket trigger on a cheap 22. THEN, the 10-22 became the LEGO of 22 rifles. Suddenly, they were highly accurate 22's with the same old trigger. Gotta fix that and now we have numerous options for triggers.
I have a couple of the BX drop-ins that provide considerable improvement over the OEM. Swapping to the BX trigger easily allows having 2 bullets on the way before the first hits the 100 yard gong.