PICT0102.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

IM000637.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

cubrock

Blackhawk
I love the bear in the watering trough! Thanks for posting your pics. They are great!

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Quarterbore,I'm using a couple Bushnell 2010 Trophy Cams and really like them.I have heard of a lot of people having problems with them but mine have been great.The IR night pictures aren't so great but I can see what they are.The battery life is amazing and good trigger speed too.I have a Scoutguard 550 and it is excellent too but it has a seperate remote gizmo that you have to remember to bring if you want to change settings.It is 5MP and the Bushnells are 8MP.The Scoutguard has a little sliding access door on the bottom that is not weather sealed.It may never be a problem.The Scoutguard and Bushnell are the same price so I give the Bushnell the nod.

The thing to do is look up some recent trail camera reviews and see what's what,currently.I here good things about the Covert cameras also.

I opted to not get the optional in camera viewing screen as that costs $50 extra per camera.I found that I can view pictures in the field in my little pocket camera,a Panasonic DMC-ZS5.That may not work with all cameras but you could also by a seperate viewer.

I'm getting close to a year with those cameras and 8 AA batteries.I got mine from camlockbox.com plus steel boxes for each.

sixshot

Buckeye
Hey Short Barrel, great photo's! Not a real fan of water right now but that sow in the trough looks like she's having a nice little swim!

Dick

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Thanks guys.

Sixshot,those cameras have taught me how important the spots are for bears to soak in hot weather.That old sow and her cubs have been in there several times in the last few weeks and there are two other troughs that they are probably hitting as well.That is the 7th or 8th pair of cubs I've seen her raise and I truly believe she may be in her 20's.Most of the cubs have been light cinnamon colored like the boar I shot last year.Now they are more brown.The boar in the picture on page one may be the daddy of these.

Latest posts