To Those Still Waiting For A SR1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

XDM4545

Bearcat
Just wanted to give my input to those still waiting and getting frustrated. I called Kittery Trading Post and had mine in no time. Last nite I picked up my SR1911 and my sons SA1911 loaded, that he had on layaway, and we went to the range. I will admit that I'm not very experienced in pistols and this is my second one. When I shot the first mag out, all I could do was smile. This gun shoots sooooo sweet and easy for me to be acurate. I campared it to my sons SA and his is a little heavier (probably because of the full length guide rod), but the trigger on the SR is way nicer than the SA. The SA seemed to have about a pound+ heavier trigger pull.

This is my first 1911 so I'm just a joe blow and very new here. All I can say is I LOVE THIS GUN!!, and I am so happy I waited and searched for one. :lol:

I'm starting to think that some folks who are lamenting the short availability of these 1911's aren't really buyers, anyway.

I've seen a few on this forum recently that have remained untouched for days.

And I've seen them locally, too. I've posted on a local forum that they're available, but in the next post, a person will continue to protest the unavailability.

WAYNO.

StrutStopper

Bearcat
First post here, with a misspelled user name to boot. I called KTP last week and they had no SR1911s. I suppose I'll make some more calls tomorrow. With the price they're asking +30 shipping that should put me right about $700, then there's the FFL fee. That's about the most I'm willing to pay to get that gun NOW!

mattsbox99

Hunter
I gotta admit its pretty funny that some people will have no problem dropping $650 for some enjoyment, but act like $700 is absolutely breaking their back.

Its only money folks!

XDM4545

Bearcat
StrutStopperq said:
First post here, with a misspelled user name to boot. I called KTP last week and they had no SR1911s. I suppose I'll make some more calls tomorrow. With the price they're asking +30 shipping that should put me right about $700, then there's the FFL fee. That's about the most I'm willing to pay to get that gun NOW!

When I first called KTP they were out, so I put my name on the waiting list and it took about 2 weeks and they sent me a letter saying it was in. After all was done it ended up being cheaper than most of the local dealers that still didnt have any. I'm very happy with KTP fast service. :lol:

tankusaz85546

Bearcat
The only reason I am waiting for mine is to support my local FFL dealer and gun shop. He has been good to me over the years and I do not believe it is his fault that one hasn't came his way yet.. I must admit it is very hard to hang in there when there are some showing up at very good prices (700 or less) My dealer quoted me at about $700 out the door. One of these days fans....... I will posting my positive feedback on a beautiful pistol. This is a great forum, Steve

StrutStopper

Bearcat
Ok, now I'm officially on the KTP list. I'll continue to call around while I'm waiting for the phone to ring.

martyj

Blackhawk
tankusaz85546 said:
The only reason I am waiting for mine is to support my local FFL dealer and gun shop. He has been good to me over the years and I do not believe it is his fault that one hasn't came his way yet.. I must admit it is very hard to hang in there when there are some showing up at very good prices (700 or less) My dealer quoted me at about $700 out the door. One of these days fans....... I will posting my positive feedback on a beautiful pistol. This is a great forum, Steve

Once in awhile you have to do that just so they keep the doors open in case you need ammo.
That is were I bought mine the other day and he was quite proud he came up with one. Called me at work.

StrutStopper

Bearcat
A couple of LGSs around here actually laugh when I tell them what I am looking for. I stopped in one shop tonight and he said if I can find one anywhere to grab it. They'll make a few pennies on the FFL transfer I imagine.

StrutStopper

Bearcat
A couple of LGSs around here actually laugh when I tell them what I am looking for. I stopped in one shop tonight and he said if I can find one anywhere to grab it. They'll make a few pennies on the FFL transfer I imagine.