Times are changing...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Apparently there is someone disgruntled in the self driving software community. I've been seeing commercials of what are purported to be videos of self driving vehicles running over dummies of kids. They want you to contact legislatures to stop the approval for such things. Makes me wonder how much the software guy in the commercial lost when he didn't get the contract.

What I'm predicting is that at some point in time the statistics will show that self driving vehicles will be safer than one driven by the average person... then the logical conclusion will be that we 'humans' no longer will be allowed to drive.

I-45 between Dallas and Houston, is a test road for self driving semi trucks. I drove down last week and saw one. I drive that road often and usually see more. They are full size semi trucks. Not sure if they are loaded or not. They do have a person in the driver's seat for emergencies, but they are just sitting there, not touching the steering wheel.

I personally cannot wait for a self driving vehicle. On the interstate, not for around town. But it makes sense if there are limited entrances and exits for mile after mile. If I can just click a button like cruise control, why not?

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
What I'm predicting is that at some point in time the statistics will show that self driving vehicles will be safer than one driven by the average person... then the logical conclusion will be that we 'humans' no longer will be allowed to drive.
They’ve had autopilot and even hands off landing in aircraft for some time. Would you fly in an unmanned aircraft. I’m not talking about remotely piloted but completely autonomous?

Ride1949

Blackhawk
I-45 between Dallas and Houston, is a test road for self driving semi trucks. I drove down last week and saw one. I drive that road often and usually see more. They are full size semi trucks. Not sure if they are loaded or not. They do have a person in the driver's seat for emergencies, but they are just sitting there, not touching the steering wheel.

I personally cannot wait for a self driving vehicle. On the interstate, not for around town. But it makes sense if there are limited entrances and exits for mile after mile. If I can just click a button like cruise control, why not?
Nothing could possibly go wrong...go wrong...go wrong. 🤪

Johnnu2

Buckeye
TECHNOLOGY WILL GUIDE US.... Just ask the pilots of the Boeing 737MAX who didn't know about the new (at the time) stall prevention system (MCAS).....
It seems that the 'technology generation' thinks that pilots need a computer to avert a stall...... when all we ever needed was to be able to push the yoke forward and apply power.... but, NO, after decades of proven practice in how to recover from a stall (or avoid it entirely), some brain child decided to help us out and gave us a giant 737 cell phone to do all the work.... NOW, we have to worry about them messing with our cars and trucks.

THANKS, I'LL PASS,
IMHO of course
J.

Last edited:

Latest posts