Help Support Ruger Forum:

Single-Ten VS .22 SP101

• SA Single-Ten

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DA SP101

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
scootergmc said:
I'm holding out in hopes they can make the SP in a 10 round package with an unfluted cylinder. I don't know if there's enough room in the cylinder, but if there is in the single 10, I'm figuring they can do it. Crossing my fingers...

Haven't got the bugs worked out yet, but with a little grinding, we oughta be able to get about a 15-shooter out of this baby! :D (it's a joke.)
GEDC0275-1.jpg

WAYNO.

PastorScott

Bearcat
LuckenbachTexas said:
Personally, If its not a self defense pistol, I don't see the need for double action.

Single-Ten for me. I'm waiting for Ruger's smaller frame 22 to come out next year.

What smaller frame 22?

Thanks Scott

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
PastorScott said:
LuckenbachTexas said:
Personally, If its not a self defense pistol, I don't see the need for double action.

Single-Ten for me. I'm waiting for Ruger's smaller frame 22 to come out next year.

What smaller frame 22?

Thanks Scott

yeah what smaller frame .22???

A

Anonymous

The Ten. The most likely dislikes are easily remedied. The Williams Firesights are a direct swap to the original style. The grips are easily swapped if you want a different feel or look. Not too wild about the look of the line of cylinder notches, but ten rounds could be useful for some. I'll guess that more barrel lengths are coming. I'm happy with my Six.

Just recently started shooting Ruger Rimfire matches. I enjoy shooting them with my MK II, but the Single 10 would give me another option. You need 10 shots for Ruger Rimfire, so I'll pick the Single 10.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
I prefer SAs over DAs. But the Single10 is tacky looking in my opinion. I'm not wild about 10 shot revolvers. It makes the cylinder look goofy. And that front sight doesn't do it for me on a SA. I think an 8 shot is fine. I wish the sp101 had a full underlug and a decent trigger. Aside from that, I think the sp101 looks like a great piece.

Bottom line is I would by the sp101 22. I would not buy the SS10.

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
I'm real late into this debate but I have to weight in on the aesthetics. To me there's nothing prettier than a 1/2 lug revolver!

SgtSam

Bearcat
I didn't vote for either one. I already have several Single-Six's and I'm not really interested in getting another one. I don't have a need for the SP-101 in .22lr.

However, if they offer the SP-101 in .22magnum I'll one of the first to pony up to the bar. That would a really nice addition to my collection. And I would shoot it, not collect it! Why they haven't brought that one out is beyond this old man's comprehension. :D

Major T

Blackhawk
I suppose I will pass. I thought I needed a Single-Six and picked up a ss Convertible about 6 mos. ago. So far it is still in the wrapper. When I want a .22 handgun, I seem to reach for the Bearcat or one of the Mark I semi autos from a long time ago. Rugers are quality through and through (except triggers, which can be fixed), but in DA, I still like the J-frames. Best wishes and good shooting, jack