The Ruger has landed. . .

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eveled

Hawkeye
That's a beauty! I'd be happy to own it too! Good luck with it, Ed.

yankee7809

Single-Sixer
That's a really great configuration for the .44 Magnum Super Blackhawk. They are really hard to find in the shorter barrels around here. You done good!

stantheman86

Buckeye
There are no "common" Ruger revolvers to me 8)

I have a bunch of what most people would call "plain vanilla" or common Ruger Service Sixes, but I love them.

I love those non-fluted shorter barrel .44 Mag SBH's........and my love of stainless is growing. I would buy that SRH in a second!

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
having sweated out several blued revolvers over the past years, I too am a devotee to the stainless models... really nice looking SBH

Sorry to be so out of it, but what is Mother's. I see polish for car finishes, rubber, etc., but nothing for wood. It occurs to me that you might mean you used the polish on the methal but not the wood. Help me out. Revolver looks great by the way.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Gibson, the first step is admitting you have a problem, and need help.

Nice SBH, good luck wearing it out, keep us updated...

Rclark

Hunter
I know you guys get sick of seeing new converts posting about common revolvers but what the heck, I'm proud of it.
Hey, nothing wrong with that! Looks good to me :) . I think you'll find the guys here like to see guns over ... and over ... and over again! Enjoy!

I think I have settled on Ruger SA revolvers as what I'll stick with.
I've settled on that sometime back. I figured I 'had' to specialize . Not 'just' Ruger, but Single Actions period. Just something about them appeals to me.... and always will. The .45 Colt being the top caliber of choice of course! I shot a friends 9mm semi-auto recently and it did nothing for me. pop, pop, pop... Yeah so? :) . Even my Mark II doesn't get much of a workout anymore. Give me a SA and a lever rifle and I'm happy :) . Sigh, last night I bought a used '85 SS Single Six (no lock ... Yessss) that was only shot on Sundays (so to speak).... Shoots very well.... See? It never 'quite' ends :D ... This one will be in my shooting 'bag' now instead of the Rough Rider.... Always carry a .22 with me. No safe queens here.

Wrangler John

Bearcat
Gibson said:
Just got my second Ruger revolver. I know you guys get sick of seeing new converts posting about common revolvers but what the heck, I'm proud of it.

Bought a Ruger SBH .44 magnum 4 5/8" bbl. SS. Just hit with four coats of Mother's I think it looks better than showroom new. The gun had ~100 rounds run through it but I have it heading towards a sorta high gloss SS finish in appearance. Box, lock, paperwork, etc. for 450 shipped. I'm happy.

Gibson, for my part I never get tired of sick or bored of hearing people excited about their new firearm. That Ruger represents something that wasn't available to even the richest of kings in times past, but is available to you and everyone else, due to modern manufacturing and American freedom. Already there is nothing common about your Super Blackhawk as you have lavished care on it that makes it yours. May it serve you well.

dlhredfoxx

Single-Sixer
Gibson- congrats on a fine SBH, they are certainly shooters in 44 mag right out of the box. Also like that 7.5" SS Vaquero, another fine choice. Is that a 45 Colt? I've got that same Vaquero in 45 colt in the same 7.5" length but in blued finish with the CCH frame. You'll find that being a Ruger SA addict ain't so bad... looking forward to seeing more of your new Ruger SA's right here in the near future! Welcome to the forum!