Thank you, Ruger Forum, et al.......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I had a holster I wanted to sell. I posted that in the classifieds hereabouts. Shortly after posting, a buyer told me he wanted it, at the price I had asked. I sent him, via a PM, my name and address and requested his. He replied with that information in short order. I boxed up the holster and hied up to my local post office to mail the box. At the same time, he prepared his payment and got it en route to me.

I mailed the holster before getting his money, and he sent me his money before receiving the holster. THAT'S TRUST!

So, to all of you here, Thanks. Thanks for faith in your fellow man. Thanks that a spark of decency still lives in the men and women who frequent this fine forum!

Bob Wright

Bob, that's what I like about this forum. Other than a few bad apples that pop up (and are quickly discovered and discarded) I trust the folks here on the forum. Many I've met and many I have conversed with via phone, email, snail mail, etc. and trust them.

In fact, if I sell something here and do not get the bad gut feeling, I'll ship the day after we finish the details and I will take a personal check also. I have not been burned by anyone who has been on the forum for a goody amount of time and even those who are relative "newbies" (only on here for a few years) I've never had any problems.

I've been in the gun business for over 33 years now and even with reading the "word picture" I can get the bad feeling about someone and unless they do something to prove me wrong, my feelings are correct. I can say that over the years I have not been burned by a scammer or someone sending me a bad check. I might have missed some great deals but if it doesn't "feel" or seem right I pass.

dwayne

Single-Sixer
I have only done one deal here where a member misrepresented a revolver as in mint condition (with pictures to match), and priced accordingly, when it was in, what I would call, “heavily used, lightly shot” condition. When we spoke before the buy, I will say that he sounded less than likable but I proceeded anyway. At least I got a nice gun but I paid a premium for his misleading characterization. Since, I have warned everyone that have expressed an interest in any of his sales. Such it is …

Bob:
I'm glad it worked out for you. As others have said, I too haven't had any issue selling or buying items from the classifieds here on the forum.

protoolman

Hunter
Same experiences here. Payment and items crossed in the mail many times, never a problem. Only one failed deal. That was a member who offered a discount on a long listed, unsold item. I accepted his new lower price to close the deal. Then he says " Oh, someone offered me my original price so I sold it to him" I let him know what I thought his word was worth and he's still here on the forum. Hope his extra $10 profit was worth breaking his word. I guess I can't complain as I didn't lose anything on the deal. Many other wonderful swaps, karma's given and recieved etc.

87flht

Bearcat
I’m new here but been lurking for years, bought a scope mount from a member an I suppose payment and package crossed in shipment
PS. Bob Im from Memphis and now live in Water Valley and I hope to someday have a barbecue and sweet tea with you

Only once have I been burned, and that after I did what I thought was adequate due diligence.
The members that are easily recognizable due to their frequent posts I would trust implicitly on any transaction and do as Bob described..