tang safety77 lightweight in the laminated stock price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

snake803

Single-Sixer
I have one of these with less than 50 rounds down the tube..I don't shoot .270 anymore, and a neighbor wants it..He's a good friend, and I don't want to screw him..What is it worth.. 95% condition..
Thanks in advance, please use e-mail
JIM............... snake803atjuno.com

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
I'll take a stab at it here.

The laminate makes it a less than common rifle. The fact that its a 270 hurts it a little just because its a common caliber. Tang safety makes it worth a tad more to a lot of people but most wouldn't care one way or another. None of that really matters since he's a friend though and wants it and you don't anymore right? I'd say a fair price to a friend in the condition you stated would be $500 ish. At that price id say you both are doing ok.

You could do better on some place like GunBroker especially if the right two bidders went at it. But its not always about the money. Ive sold rifles to buddies in the past for way less than they were worth because i knew where they were going and they were going to be appreciated.

3DTESTIFY

Single-Sixer
Value will depend upon which model you have. The 77RL-DZ Ultralight 20" desert color stock, or the 77RLS-BZ Ultralight carbine 18-1/2" & sights with brown color stock? A photo & serial number may help.

Latest posts