talo special 3.75 inch .44 mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

357phase

Single-Sixer
I really like mine.Only problem was every shot the cylinder pin would move forward (I could actually pull it out with my fingers).Ruger sent a new base pin spring and latch but I went ahead and bought a sheriff model base pin (Belt Mountain).Had to cut most of it off and grind the rest so the cylinder would come out.It's about the same size (length) after grinding as the one that came in the gun.I ordered three more pins but brownells only had two in stock.Now says "discontinued" :evil: .

americal

Hunter
Lee Martin said:
You know, I wasn't interested in these at first. The more I look at them though, they're growing on me.
They do have that power packed look---great BEAR GUN :) like the unfluted cylinder on this gun 8) 8)

gak

Buckeye
Like Lee Martin suggests, just says "bear gun" all over it! I have no use for one--already having a passel of .44s, Mags and Specials--that'll do most of this one's duty reasonably well...yet, strangely, I want one :) Can't quite place it, but someting intrinsically right about the thing!

chet15

Hawkeye
Saw #87-97013 at the Des Moines show this weekend. Anybody have any other numbers to report on this one??
Chet15

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
You guys are killin'n me...I'm gonna have to move some guns to get a little scratch for my next purchase a talo special 3.75 inch .44 mag !!!

357phase

Single-Sixer
Put Bear Paw grips on both of mine and they feel very good.87-95267 is the one I've been shooting.Other locked in the safe so don't know the serial #on that one but should be very close.My Bear Paws are plain(nothing fancy) but work great with good fit.

sabre66

Bearcat
I'm about to shell out just under $600 on one of these from my LGS. What kinda prices did you guys find? Just wanna make sure I'm not overpaying...although it's too awesome looking to pass on either way :)

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
Mine has s/n 87-96781.

I really like this configuration, but I have to say the the grip fit is the worst that I have ever seen on a Ruger.

bedrockfred

Blackhawk
what do you all thing about a bad mouth letter to Talo, if we get a list of serial numbers with the guns that have such bad grip fit, maybe Talo or Ruger will send new grips!? mine suck! very short on front bottom of both grips! _bedrockfred_# 87-95395

single action

Single-Sixer
the grips are terrible on all three my local gun boutique recd. to the point of sharp edges, hate to put some buffalo bores down the pipe and need stiches. I picked out the best and will look through my box of stuff for something else to put on or will call Ruger and say how poor they are. Letts used to do a much better job on the grips then the current ones. sa