Survived hunting season.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nekvermont

Buckeye
I like to leave my cameras out after hunting season to see who survived. Got pics of this deer in my back yard just a couple of nights ago.

Attachments

• 12120135.JPG
    12120135.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 56
  • 12120146.JPG
    12120146.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 52

contender

Ruger Guru
I too leave out my cameras to see how the herd fared during the season. But my season is still open,, and I've been having to work a bit,, as well as trying to lay the weather to my advantage.

Looks like a very good buck there for sure. And by the snow,, let's hope he now survives Mother Nature.

"The smart ones are long asleep by daylight." Not necessarily. But there are the smarter hunters who know how to find these older & smarter bucks too!

I usually head out to my stand in the middle of their bedding area around 3am. I snore very loudly and when I finally wake up they are all around my stand. They don't even flinch when I wake up and stop snoring. I still have the late season end of December Beginning of January. It's finally cold enough to hang a deer most years.

The big buck I saw 2-3 weeks back has most likely survived also. Anyone harvesting such a buck would have plastered pictures over the local interweb. No one except my family is hunting within a mile in any direction from his previous sighting and I'm still the only one who has seen him.