Surprize Package In Mail Today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Walter Rego

Single-Sixer
Last June I purchased an Old Model RSS9X made in 1965 at a store in another city about 100 miles away. I don't get up there often, and just coincidentally I was at that store last week. At the time of purchase, the salesman said that he couldn't find the .22 WMR cylinder for the gun and didn't think it came with one. I was able to negotiate the price down somewhat because of that.
Today I opened my mailbox and there was a package from that same shop. I thought what the heck is this ? I opened it up, and there was the original matching numbered .22 WMR cylinder, in absolutely new condition in the red felt bag and a somewhat tattered and scotch taped brown Ruger box with the serial number penciled on the side. There was a note from someone at the store that they found the cylinder and were able to go back through their records and found out who bought the gun a year ago !
Outstanding !

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Great idea WillMunny!!

Walter, that is something else! It's what I call the "good old days" kind of experience. He could of put it in the counter and made another $50 or so but he tracked you down, paid the postage and sent it to you.

My local GS would do such a thing. If I get there anytime before lunchtime I bring a couple of Subway sandwiches for the owner and his wife.

By the way at the local gunshow last weekend a guy walks by my table with a pristine RSS9x in the matching box with all paper work and extra cylinder; he was starting at $600 and needed to sell it. I just didn't need another 9 1/2" and I'm saving for a Hawkeye so I let it go. Who knows what we could have negotiated. It was fun seeing it though, they're still out there.

Walter Rego

Single-Sixer
The shop is a long established business in Orange County CA named Fowler's Gun Room. I have always received good service there and while their prices are a little high, I also understand that the cost of running a large shop in an area like that must be high too. I am sending a thank you note to the store manager today. The employee who went to the trouble of doing that deserves recognition.

WillMunny

Bearcat
Walter Rego said:
The shop is a long established business in Orange County CA named Fowler's Gun Room. I have always received good service there and while their prices are a little high, I also understand that the cost of running a large shop in an area like that must be high too. I am sending a thank you note to the store manager today. The employee who went to the trouble of doing that deserves recognition.

Thanks for the name Walter, and thumbs up on contacting them to let them know of your satisfaction. When you're dealing with the public it's nice to have someone take a minute to recognize an outstanding job well done.