Surprise find, Duplicate NR6

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I drove up to a gunshow today to drop off a rifle for a guy I had sold it to. While there I figured I might as well walk around the show a bit. Within minutes I saw this NR6 staring me in the face. I don't really go out of my way to find these, but the SN was the first thing that caught my eye. No box with this one, but in real nice condition with the extra cylinder numbered to the gun. The price was REALLY good! SN D260-19740 :D

Dave :wink:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Dave, I looked at that gun on Saturday. No box. I did find a T514 with a factory muzzle brake. Another gun I was thinking about was a duck's unlimited not he did not have the presentation case.

RPM Enterprises said:
Dave, I looked at that gun on Saturday. No box. I did find a T514 with a factory muzzle brake. Another gun I was thinking about was a duck's unlimited not he did not have the presentation case.

Yes Rick, no box. I got it right. $75 under the asking price, which I thought was a pretty good deal. Sorry I missed not seeing you. :wink:

There was also a 60% "Arrow" Single Six. He said it was a 22 mag, but I measured the cylinder and tried to chamber a 22 mag snap cap to no avail. He changed the tag on the gun and lowered the price.... :?

Dave

RPM Enterprises said:

Please post a picture. I've never seen a 514 with a brake on it.

Coogs

Maximum
Nice find! It's one of the RCA D guns that were offered to the RCA membership in the 12-83 Journal. There were a total of 441 of all barrel lengths, only 39 NR-4's and 43 NR-9's produced. Original price was $195.00 each. Which included an RCA certificate. Coogs.

chet15

Hawkeye
Coogs said:
Nice find! It's one of the RCA D guns that were offered to the RCA membership in the 12-83 Journal. There were a total of 441 of all barrel lengths, only 39 NR-4's and 43 NR-9's produced. Original price was $195.00 each. Which included an RCA certificate. Coogs.

RCA didn't get all of those though. There were 500 "D" guns in that group, all consecutive, plus a few out of the block.
Whatever guns the RCA didn't get secured, the rest went through normal distributors.
Chet15

Coogs

Maximum
Chet, never heard that one before..............but I've seen the published list of ALL the RCA serial numbers, probably have a copy of it, they weren't all consecutive if I remember correctly, a few pairs here and there. I had 14 of them, the only consecutive pair of a 4 5/8 and a 9 1/2, a set of 5 1/2 and 6 1/2..............interesting, Coogs.

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Yes I like that picture. I would guess I have about 30 in my collection. Some are on guns. I have a T514 with a brake on it on gunbroker right now for 675.00 good way to kill two birds with one stone.

chet15

Hawkeye
Coogs said:
Chet, never heard that one before..............but I've seen the published list of ALL the RCA serial numbers, probably have a copy of it, they weren't all consecutive if I remember correctly, a few pairs here and there. I had 14 of them, the only consecutive pair of a 4 5/8 and a 9 1/2, a set of 5 1/2 and 6 1/2..............interesting, Coogs.

Yes...when the RCA had theirs for sale, we were seeing them on Gun show tables, consecutive pairs of 5's and 6's...and they didn't come from the RCA.
That entire 500 block of serial numbers was duplicated.
Chet15