Suppressed mark II target mohel?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

obdocab

Bearcat
I am wondering off anyone has gone to the trouble in taking a mark II or III and threaded one of the 6 in barrels fur a surpressor. I have several Mark II target dodela and would like to get one surprised.. I would appreciate any experience

roylt

Hunter
Ruger is currently selling a pistol that comes threaded. Much like all the others. That sorta thing isn't legal where I am so no experience.

obdocab

Bearcat
Yes I am aware of the threaded barrel on the ruger 22/45 but I do not like that particular model as it has a shorter barrel and a polymer grip frame. I like the mark 2 and mark 3 models but ruger does not produce one at the moment with a long bull barrel that can be threaded, or at least I am not aware of one.

roylt

Hunter
I have seen buckmarks with the front sight pushed back and the barrel threaded. And a ruger barrel off a mark something on gunbroker that was the same.

It has been done but not sure of any more than that.

ruger-mk-ii-ruger-mk.jpg

You mean, like... this?

obdocab

Bearcat
well, yes, sorta. I was thinking of one that you could you the suppressor on a 10/22 also. but that is the type of situation I was thinking of. I have on old Gov't Target model, but I don't want to change it. Is the one in the picture a removable suppressor

Its not mine. It is a fixed suppressor. Without threading a new suppressor on your existing gun, I see no other options for you... unless you purchased a threaded upper...

obdocab said:
Can you get an aftermarket barrel, and can you remove existing barrel from an existing gun?

There aren't really any manufacturers for "JUST barrels" Pac-lite makes one that has the receiver built in. If you WERE able to buy JUST the barrel, it would probably be expensive. AND due to the fact that it would require a gunsmith to thread or remill the existing receiver for a new barrel, unless you know someone personally, it would be cheaper to buy a threaded upper. (SEE PAC-LITE)There are several aftermarket manufacturers who produce these.

Once you have your threaded upper, simply remove your existing upper and install the threaded upper on your metal lower. This may require minor fitting but in most cases I'm not aware of any fitting that was needed. get a good rubber mallet for seating the upper to the lower.

Then your ready to reasemble your pistol and install your supressor.

Its really no big deal, and in most cases if you can field strip a MK1/2/or3, its just that easy.

Let me know how your project turns out.
http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/tactical-solutions-pac-lite-barrel-upgrade-for-the-ruger-2245-and-mk-series-pistols

AND finding a threaded barrel for a 10/22 is alot easier. Since its not part of the receiver. ALOT of ppl make aftermarket barrels, or threading your existing 10/22 barrel with the same rate that your chosen pistol upper is threaded shouldnt be a dificult or expensive job.

Also check out www.youtube.com

9x19

Hunter
Tactical Solutions offers their upper (use your own bolt) in a 6" threaded model.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/tactical-solutions-pac-lite-barrel-upgrade-for-the-ruger-2245-and-mk-series-pistols

modrifle3

Buckeye
The talo mkiii is threaded. There are a few companies that make complete threaded uppers.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Pretty sure tactical solutions upper was the inspiration for the lightweight 22/45.

flcracker64

Bearcat
Gemtech repositioned my front sight, threaded the barrel so well you can't see the joint at arms' length, and made a thread protector out of a Ruger barrel blank. They even lined up the cut with the edge of the first letter of the safety warning roll stamp. Top-notch job, and I'm pretty sure the cost was under $75.

2011-12-16_00-07-17_541.jpg

2011-12-16_00-08-01_141.jpg

2011-12-16_00-09-11_547.jpg