SR9c trigger is rough and long

Help Support Ruger Forum:

thomascrowe

Bearcat
Hi All,

Bought my SR9c last november, great gun so far.

After 5,000 rounds, the trigger pull feels rough and longer then normal, its almost like its hanging up on something.

I clean it after every shooting session and looking at it, it looks perfectly clean. Do you think I should send it to Ruger to take a look or maybe just have a professional clean it?

Iron Mike Golf

Blackhawk
Have you cleaned your striker and the tunnel? It's not listed as part of cleaning in the manual. It shipps with a packing grease that accumulates powder residue and brass shavings as the extractor gets run in. I'd start there and then after cleaning, reassemble dry.

Also, eyeball the trigger bar and trigger bar reset to make sure neither is rubbing against the frame.

vacextar

Blackhawk
The trigger bar on my 9c was riding pretty tight against the frame (you can see this area with the slide pulled off), and if a bunch of grit accumulates between the trigger bar and frame it gets gritty feeling. Take a piece of typing paper or something similar and drag it between the trigger bar and frame to scrape all the crap out and use a clean sheet of paper to work some gun grease between there. Made a world of difference on my gun

edgalang

Bearcat
Or...you can buy this for $20 and not have to worry about cleaning any grit/debris off the trigger bar reset.
http://www.ghostinc.com/category/1dealers/

If you want less overtravel, get the rocket.
If you want a straight drop in, get the ultimate.

just1more

Bearcat
I love the trigger on my 9c. At a class I took, the instructor tried it out and said she really liked it.(She was shooting a SIG). The next class I took, the same instructor was shooting a 9c. I own a full size SR9 that I had a Ghost Rocket put in. It made a world of difference, but I still like the 9c trigger better.