SR9C Not a Compact

Help Support Ruger Forum:

While at my local Gander Mountain, I stopped at gun counter to ask if they have any SR9Cs in. You will all be interested to know that the salesman answered "they haven't started shipping SR9Cs yet, still in full production on the SR9." He then proceeded to tell me that it's not a compact, the grip is the same size as the SR9, just a little shorter barrel. Then he started telling me that Springfield had a true compact, with a written guarantee that Ruger doesn't have.

Guess the next time I'll visit their gun counter. Not!
By the way,they are clearing out an awful lot of new & used long guns. Was told they are remodeling to put all guns behind the counter.

HS-LD

Bearcat
I guess my SR9c that I bought 4 weeks ago is a mirage... as they are not in production yet...

My make believe SR9c is a little bigger then my G26 and a little smaller then my G19. BUt it is NOT a "compact."

Next time I need to talk with a tool, I'll head over to Gander Mountain, thanks for the tip. ;)

CBennett

Single-Sixer
some of the DUMBEST and most BSing counter men around...I got the same spiel when back in I think Feb or March I asked if they had any in yet(I ALREADY had mine but wanted to see how OVERPRICED they were as usual) he said they were not out yet..I said yes they are..he said look I work in the business they are not out yet...I said I can prove they are...went back got the gun box unloaded it from CC brought it back to the store. Said want to see it...he came over and was amazed..I told him id had it nearly a MONTH and he would not believe me till I showed him the receipt lol... And then I said and look at the price and go look at the price on your regular SR9c..it was almost $100 MORE lol...they STILL as of 6-14-2010 dont have any in stock...glad I didnt wait lol.

dude also tried to tell me one time(same guy) that they really could not come down on the price of a gun ebcause they almost make no prifit as is..I laughed asked to see the manager..he came down on the price but acted the same way..I just had to let them have it them for the sob story song and dance..I had my Griceguns(PA gun store) flyer and almost ALL the guns they had were $75-100 LESS than the exact same at GM...I showed him the guns and said if your not making anything these guys must be losing $$$ lol since they have that Glock 23 there for $100 LESS than you guys..and this Ruger LCP is $75 less than your price...ten he started on their guarantees and all the extra CRAP they throw in to say how its a better deal lol.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
yeah i dont like gander very much, they seem kinda stuck up, and their prices suck.....

kscott

Single-Sixer
It's funny you mention this; I was in Gander last weekend just to kill some time and went and fondled the S&W M&P 9 full-size and compact. I made mention of liking the full-size, but that I liked the feel of my SR9c better than their compact. The guy fell over himself telling me how much bigger the SR9c was and that the grip length was the same as the full-size SR9. :roll: I said, "That's weird because I have both and they're not the same length. Someone must of got a little out of hand with a chop saw at the factory." :mrgreen: M&P compact didn't balance or fit my hand as well as the SR9c; I also like the fact that the SR9c comes with the grip extension and 17 rd mag too.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
kscott":7kyarjsk said:
It's funny you mention this; I was in Gander last weekend just to kill some time and went and fondled the S&W M&P 9 full-size and compact. I made mention of liking the full-size, but that I liked the feel of my SR9c better than their compact. The guy fell over himself telling me how much bigger the SR9c was and that the grip length was the same as the full-size SR9. :roll: I said, "That's weird because I have both and they're not the same length. Someone must of got a little out of hand with a chop saw at the factory." :mrgreen: M&P compact didn't balance or fit my hand as well as the SR9c; I also like the fact that the SR9c comes with the grip extension and 17 rd mag too.

Minimum wage idiots (mostly) work in places like GM & Academy :(

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
The only thing I will ever buy from GM is some gun cleaning stuff that other places close by dont have. When I bought my KP944 2 yrs ago they were $80 higher then my local gun shop. A few months ago they were still the same price while the local shop has dropped the price even more.

A friend of mine tried to buy an LCP from them about a month ago because it had all the extra stuff he wanted which brought the price with everything a bit under the local shops price. He was ready to buy it right then and had the money in hand. The monkey behind the counter started arguing with him and said it would be irresponsible to buy one because there is no way they can have any accuracy. The guy didnt even try to push something else, just wanted to rant about the LCP. Their gun counter will never see a dime from either of us.

owsi26

Bearcat
Idiot gun store employees do a lot of damage in so many ways. I ordered a Glock from a local gun store. I liked it and I decided to order a compact version of that Glock.

I went back to the same store and stated that I was there to buy another Glock. A "sales person" told me I should get a real gun. He proceeded to tell me about this real gun.

I left, drove to the other side of town and ordered the Glock. I have since purchased many pistols and long guns, probably totalling 20+ firearms, holsters, magazines, ammunition, etc. I've never gone to the other store.

If they knew how much money they could have gotten from me, I don't think they would even care.

I've had gun store "experts" make such ridiculous suggestions and recommendations. I feel sorry for someone wanting to purchase their first gun and they rely solely on an employee. They might get great advice

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
Yes, at the Gander store I go to, they have been having a "gunshow" sale for about a month; 20% off on a lot of guns. Don't know why.
That Sr9c is the same size as a Glock G26, which is their Subcompact. Anyway, what upsets me about that store is that their Case-Gard moulded plastic cartridge containers, 50 or 100 rounds, are $4.99 each. I buy all mine over the web from sporting-goods suppliers for about $1.29 each, or pretty close to that. That's a disgrace to charge $5 for those things.
It is a nice store, though, and has LOTS of sporting goods...and guns, to pick from.
The manager of the gun-section is a nice guy and I have dealt fairly with him on several occasions.
Sonnytoo

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I remember when Gander was a fine store, that was some years ago. I can't stand going into one now as they are ripping off anyone and everyone that walks thru the door.

Latest posts