sr9c night sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

martinj001

Single-Sixer
Yes. Meprolight makes some, see this thread (its stickied at the top of the page, for future reference. ;) Also, www.shopruger.com has Novak sights (both fiber optic and tritium) for the SR9/c

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
+1 on the Meprolights. I have them on my M & P 9c,they work very well. May get a set on the SR9 before long.

jhearne

Buckeye
Meprolights for the SR9 have been out for a while now, but no one has seemed to get any, not even a product picture of them installed. A couple guys have ordered them, but nothing doing for any reports of them since being told another 6 week delay (IIRC).

I'd go for the Novaks from shopruger.com. Ruger's good about getting parts out and if your curious about delivery, give them a call.

Josh

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
The Meprolights on my M & P 9c in very low light. They glow bright !

DSC00031.jpg

martinj001

Single-Sixer
I've got mepros on a Kimber Custom II TLE that I bought back in 2003 that are still quite bright.

I just placed an order yesterday for the Novaks from shopruger.com though. I'll update with details as the order progresses.

martinj001

Single-Sixer
So here's a few pics with the rear installed Novak from shopruger.com installed (still waiting on the front tritium after having ordered the front fiber optic "night sight"--turns out its no night sight at all).... Also having a custom holster made, so I don't have the gun at the moment either...

First is a before pic with the stock sight...
18486548.jpg

These two are the new sight...
c536300f.jpg

e9623f71.jpg

jhearne

Buckeye
Looks good, should be real nice with the front sight on to match.

Thanks for the pics too.

Josh

martinj001

Single-Sixer
Well, my front sight arrived today, but I can't for the life of me get the stock front sight off the gun. Scratched it up real good and even re-shaped some brass and wood dowels, but it doesn't appear to have budged. May need to get to a gunsmith for this one.... :(

jhearne

Buckeye
Not unless some generic tool will work. Gunsmith is probably the best bet since they will have the tools needed most likely.

Josh

martinj001

Single-Sixer
Gunsmith was the answer, didn't take him long. Good thing I took it to him too, the front tritium sight required drilling and tapping as it comes with a set screw.

b93d3358.jpg

82a5ad68.jpg

jhearne

Buckeye
Looks good!

Seems it rides a little higher on that front blade than the stock sight. Shouldn't affect holstering though. The SR9c's front blade seems a little less steep of a back edge compared to the full SR9 is the only reason I notice.

Josh

martinj001

Single-Sixer
The stock front was pretty high too. The guy that made my holster actually commented on it as well. I didn't notice a significant height difference between the two.