SR40/SR9 Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GilaMonster

Bearcat
I am looking for an open-top holster for my SR40 full-size, for IPSC matches at our local range. (I carry it in a thumb-break leather holster, but that is too clumsy for match use)

I am looking at the Fobus SR9 Holster offered by Ruger at ShopRuger.com.

Does anyone know for certain, by actual use if this holster also will work for the SR40?

In the Ruger listing, it looks like a paddle holster (as opposed to belt-mounted) and, it appears to be the same as the HK1 holster offered directly from Fobus. The Fobus headline says SR9,SR40, but the copy says: Fits SR9.

To further complicate the issue, the Ruger listing says SR9,SR9C... is not the SR9C smaller than the SR9? That is to say, would the same holster actually fit both the full-size and the compact?

I like the idea of buying one directly from Ruger, especially since the $10 difference in price would pay the postage...

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
I dont know about using the Fobus for SR40 since I dont have one of those yet. But the Ruger holster IS a Fobus HK1.

As to the other question, the only differences between the SR9 and SR9c is the barrel length and grip length, everything else is the same. So the SR9 will just stick out of the bottom a little bit more.

Tmyoungjr

Bearcat
I use the HK1BH (belt vs paddle) from Fobus for my SR40 IPSC matches. Works fine.

Once it wears in, the gun slides in / pulls very easily.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Gizmo42 said:
I dont know about using the Fobus for SR40 since I dont have one of those yet. But the Ruger holster IS a Fobus HK1.
+1 The Fobus holster for my SR9C (and SR9) I got from Ruger's web store says HK1 right on it.

GilaMonster

Bearcat
Well, to further confuse the issue, I got this reply from Fobus:

The SR40 won't fit into the HK1. You need our HK2 holster.

Steve Palinkas
Customer Service Manager
FOBUS Holsters