SR22 vs. Walther P22 Comparison

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oldiron1

Single-Sixer
After reading the below really well written and detailed comparison review on the Walther Forum of all places.....I'm sold on the SR22!

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p22/19630-sr22p-vs-p22-brief-review.html

M3Stuart

Bearcat
I have shot both and bought the SR-22. IMHO; the Walther, like the sig Mosquito, is a jam-o-matic. Why? I have no idea. But it is.

NixieTube

Blackhawk
ptroxx said:
I love my sr22... so much fun to shoot and I have about 1500 rounds thru it already .. great gun.

The only question - and I fully admit it's a newbie question here - is that I was wondering about the durability of the aluminum slide after a lot of rounds through the gun.

How has it held up?

XDM6951

Bearcat
I had both my SR22 is better to strip and is not ammo fussy . I had the Walther p22 and bersa t22 the ruger is much better 400 rds of mixed ammo not a burp

steve b

Single-Sixer
The aluminum slides are Ok, not enough pressure for steel, on a full size piece. I got rid of my P-22. Too toy like, threads stripping out, things coming loose,etc.. It did cycle a pretty iwde range of ammo. steve b

CraigC

Hawkeye
The Ruger appears to be a better made pistol. Although my little P22 has been dead-on-balls reliable through thousands of rounds. It just ain't no target pistol.

Latest posts