SR 1911 Adjustable Rear Sight?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GMT210

Bearcat
Anyone change out their rear sight for an adjustable one yet? Did you find a stock sight or did you have the slide milled?

GMT

fatmanonabikeTx

Bearcat
I have not. If you are looking. Novak should be able to fix you up. check here.
http://www.novaksights.com/products/sights/models/coltcomgov.html

wingnuut

Bearcat
My local gunsmith just installed a TAC adj. sight on mine works great mine was shooting 3in high at 25 yrds. this took care of it all in the bull now. what a great gun .

GMT210

Bearcat
Wingnut any pictures of how it came out?

FatmanonabikeTx, I asked Novak if the lo-mount adj would fit the SR1911, they responded that it would require milling. I didn't ask and they didn't offer any information on the standard height.

GMT

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
GMT210 said:
Anyone change out their rear sight for an adjustable one yet?
Did you find a stock sight or did you have the slide milled?
Unless you are going to shoot bull's eye, why bother? The fixed sights are far better than most will be able to use. As far as needing to adjust the sights, I've not seen one that needed it in years now. Manufacturers figured out that too many of their sight problems came from people doing their own adjustments, so they built jigs to get the sights placed (adjusted at the factory) correctly.

GMT210

Bearcat
Pat-inCo,

Shooting Bullseye has nothing to do with it, I cast and reload and would like to be able to dial the gun into whatever load or situation that I am shooting.

Wingnut,

Can you post pictures?

GMT

Old Guy

Bearcat
Hi guys,i spoke with Nvack and they said same need to be milled for the adj.sight and probably would need a higher front sight.Thought since they made the one for Ruger it might have fit .But after shooting the new SR1911,it does not need an adj. it shoots great as is right now.