SPF: Custom Stainless Flat Top .41 Special by David Clements

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshog

Ol' Bushy in the Cottonwoods
Sold Pending FundsI'd like to sell my stainless .41 Special 5 1/2" built by David Clements on a .357 flat top. You can see the receipt for this one from May attached showing build details which include the accurized conversion w/action job, custom stainless barrel, internal action block as used in his 5 shot conversions, white line front sight, #5 base pin, "tight BC gap", bisley hammer and custom black micarta grips. I haven't fired it. This was one of David's personal guns and you can tell from the details. It's still listed on his website as sold if you want to see his pictures. The action and trigger are remarkable. Includes the original box. Don't know if you're familiar with the .41 special but in this revolver you can drive 225gn bullets to 1200fps or more. $2700 for this one. Super nice custom revolver from one of the best who's retiring.

First "I'll take it" trumps all inquiries. Please be sure the firearm is legal for you to own in your local. If it shows up at your FFL and it can't be transferred it's not my problem. Be sure your FFL will accept a revolver from a non FFL holder. Postal MO's preferred. Shipping costs by FedEx Air for $45. I know that's expensive but it won't even cover the costs. I'll eat the rest.

Respectful offers considered by PM.

IMG_2158.jpeg

IMG_2157.jpeg

Clements.jpg

Sugar River

Buckeye
For my own edification.....why didn't Dave build this as a 41 Mag?
Is the 357 cylinder too short? Assuming he rechambered the original cylinder of course.

dougader

Hunter
A dedicated 41 Special is a real treat, and certainly no slouch if you choose to take it to the hunting fields. A 225 @ 1200 fps will take most big game cleanly. I wouldn't tackle grizz with it, but I wouldn't take on grizz with a 41 maggie, either. Deer, elk, moose, black bear.... wolf, hogs. What more could a fella ask for?

The real bonus is that Starline now makes brass for 41 Special, too, so you can keep your new baby well fed.

I wish this was in my budget!

dixie884

Blackhawk
Dahummmmmmmm that is nice. Since David built it for himself, I'll bet it is extra well fit and timed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts