SOLD 45 Colt Flat top Bobby Tyler/Ronnie Wells Custom SPF

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Andy-Shelton

Bearcat
In Washington state. New Model Blackhawk Flat Top convertible 45 Colt/45ACP, 4.62" barrel. Ronnie Wells Brass Grip Frame (Potato Judge JR). Custom Walnut Grips (walnut was donated by Lee Jurras before he passed away).
Gun smithing by Matt Oliver at Tyler Gunworks, Trigger job @ 42 ounces, action job, Belt Mountain Number 5 locking base pin, 2Dogs Front sight. Matt sighted it in with Ashley Emerson's 265@950 Garretts. Comes with the "convertable" 45ACP cylinder. Unfired except for Matt's target pictured below.

$1900 to your FFL
Screenshot (104).png

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy-Shelton

Bearcat
I haven't had my coffee yet this morning, but that looks like a full-size gun, not a flattop...
Nope. New Model Blackhawk Flat Top. Those photos came from Bobby Tyler prior to him shipping me my gun. You can see my name on Matt's test target. I'll post new photos close up and the label on the box. It's a New Model Flat Top. Being polite.

Last edited:

thor's daddy

Bearcat
A photo of the topstrap would clear this up.

I noticed on the Tyler Gun Works website that they use the term "flat top" in the description of guns that clearly are not.

HERE'S AN EXAMPLE
This Tyler Gun Works Custom Super Blackhawk is chambered in .44 Magnum and features our in-house action job, 4-5/8" blue TGW marked barrel, belt mountain base pin, flat top, non-fluted cylinder, raised serrated ramp front sight, adjustable rear sight, square trigger guard, serrated hammer, smooth trigger, and smooth wood laminate grips with Ruger medallions. Please see specifications below and all pictures for accurate depiction.
3891610222.jpg

Andy-Shelton

Bearcat
I bought the Flat Top from a Lipsey dealer locally. I think Tyler did several versions of my gun with Ronnie's grip frames and mixed up the pictures upon further review. The remaining Tyler photo IS my gun. Like I said, when I get home I'll get close ups of the top strap and the box with label.