Speed loader for LCR 327 federal

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
I am searching for a speed loader for the LCR 327 Federal and the closest I come is the HKS K32 which is made for the HR 327 mag in several K-frame and Taurus guns and the SP 101.

I use a speed loader which works for both my LCR 38 and SP 101 in 357. Does any one know if the K32 (which is made for the SP 101 in 32 cal) would work in the LCR Federal magnum?

32magfan

Blackhawk
Buckshotshorty,

I just tried two HKS speedloaders with my 327 LCR. The 32-K won't work, it is too large a diameter. You want the 32-J for your LCR. It is not perfect, but the closest you will come. Also, consider the little plastic Quickstrip. It holds 8 rounds. Get the one for 9mm, it is the same rim diameter.

Good luck with your new gun.

Thanks,

32Magfan

Ditmo

Single-Sixer
32-J. Works for my SP101 and LCR. Like 32Magfan said it is not perfect on the LCR but it works. I put the bantam/boot grip on my LCR and it helps a little. I usually carry speed strips when carrying a small revolver. Much easier to carry and conceal than a speed loader.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
32magfan and Ditmo thanks much, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll order both the j-32 and the Quickstrips (thanks for the 9mm size) and see which works best for me.

So far the best I can do on 327 Fed ammo which is about 3 weeks out back ordered ammo which I haven't received yet. All my ammo so far has been H R 32 mag. Have you had any luck getting 327 Fed Ammo?

Big Old Boy

Hunter
If you start reloading components are readily available and you will never buy ammo again.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Big Old Boy said:
If you start reloading components are readily available and you will never buy ammo again.

I've been reloading for 45 years, but, I always start a new gun off with factory ammo. That also gives me a chance to gather cases.

s4s4u

Hunter
Jim Luke said:
Ditmo said:
32-J. I usually carry speed strips when carrying a small revolver. Much easier to carry and conceal than a speed loader.

AND, much slower to use.

BUT, it is highly unlikely that you will need either. I also prefer speed strips for ease of concealment. More often than not I carry with just the 5 in the gun. But then, crime isn't rampant around here. If it were I would carry a bottom feeder with a fat stick and a couple spares on the belt ;-)

Terry T

Buckeye
I would disagree that speed strips are MUCH slower to use.
Both speed loaders and speed strips require practice to do quickly under pressure, of course.

I believe speed strips (quick strips" from Tuff) may be marginally slower than speed loaders in the hands of someone who has practiced but may be a bit faster in the hands of someone who has NOT practiced.

By the way, Tuff products makes Quick Strips for the .32 cal. Using an 8 round strip allows one to space the rounds (2, space, 2, space, 2) for easier loading.

https://www.tuffproducts.com/e-d-c-concealed-carry/quickstripsa/

Both are much better than individual rounds from, say, an old police drop pouch.
Probably the fastest (in a revolver) are the full moon clips used in the 9mm and .45 acp DA revolvers.

Of course, a "bottom feeder" with large mags. is the fastest - as long as you have preloaded magazines!

Concealed carry means CONCEALED. It's a big issue around here - if you expose (fail to conceal) it could be a serious violation. I think the speed strips conceal better.
Just my $0.02 worth.
Terry T

dougader

Hunter
Big Old Boy said:

I agree. Some of my guns have never seen a factory round.

Ditmo

Single-Sixer
I bought a 100 rounds of AE 85gr and a 100 rounds of AE 100gr at my local Cabela's. It was a while ago and I bought that for my SP101. That was while I was waiting for Starline Brass. I received my 500 and haven't bought any factory ammo since.

timdennis

Bearcat
Years ago-before advent of semi-autos, was involved in training/research on revolver loading techniques. Speed loaders absolutely fastest-even under stress, but you have to practice. Close second was 2X2 pouch, not drop pouch or 3X3 but 2X2. Also had to practice. I bought these after seeing this for all my revolvers. Got really fast with these-better then some people using speed loaders. However, you might not want to have this leather thing on your belt so speed strips are a credible way to carry extra rounds. Always carried them also.

We did not look at the full moon clips, but imagine they'd be faster or as fast as speedloader.

Just bought a LCR chambered in the 327 federal and just noticed this post.

glenncal1

Bearcat
https://www.outdoorlimited.com/327-Federal-Magnum-HANDGUN-PISTOL-Ammunition-for-Sale-s/2020.htm

Have made a few orders from these guys recently, prompt shipping and not too bad shipping costs.