Special Order Ruger 77 Hawkeye in 6.5X55 RH and LH guns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

vol423

Bearcat
I talked to Lipsey's again today about the special order. The order of 250 RH 6.5X55 with 20" barrel and iron sights is definitely on. Ruger has agreed to make as many LH guns as I can preorder. It looks like there are at least 40 of us that want them and that is sufficient to do the LH run. Ruger just won't commit to when they will make them and the final price, so I'm not going to ask for any deposits until they lay everything out. I'll post periodically as updates are available. Save your money, because when the preorder is needed, we'll need the cash up front quickly.

Send me a EMAIL, not a PM, if you want to be added to the folks who want one. I'm going to charge $50 over my total cost for the preorders. That will be in the neighborhood of $650. I'll charge whatever the market will bear on the ones I preorder and sell later.

Allan McKinney
[email protected]
423 262 9394

EVR

Single-Sixer
Sounds very interesting.

I'm not clear tho; are you having rifles built in Left Hand configuration for the 6.5x55 cartridge?

We have three Ruger 6.5x55's; 1] my old early M77MKII ski rifle with the original long factory throating and my side sling/Biathlon sling attachment, 2] a stock factory job, and 3] our utility carbine that this time of year gets worked out filling the bait buckets.

Those who buy one of your carbines won't want to put it down!!

Here's our carbine. Barrel chopped to 17 1/2 inches plus Ruger front sight, bolt handle flattened and holed for saddle scabbard carry and reaching over the top w/ gloves on {I'm a southpaw}, 3-9 scope added and spare peep sight in the pocket. I kill buckets and buckets of bait with it, tho it has taken deer and coyotes, too. My others are fine elk and deer rifles and we've killed plenty of them and yotes with them also. A true favorite caliber on the ranch here.

BaitShooting111.jpg

BaitShooting22.jpg

65Carbineaaa.jpg

Your carbines will be tops for thick stuff like this, just as our custom job is;

65CarbineHike222.jpg

vol423

Bearcat
I guess I wasn't clear enough. I believe I've talked Lipsey's into asking Ruger to make a special run of 250 right hand Hawkeyes in 6.5X55 Swedish Mauser caliber with 20 inch barrels and iron sights. Lipsey's waffled a little bit, probably based on a Ruger waffle, but it is a sure seller for Lipsey's and I think they'll ultimately do it. The reason I asked Lipsey's to order the run is that I want to do a piggyback order of left hand guns at the end of the right hand run. Same exact configuration except left hand. All they have to do is use a different action and stock so it should be relatively easy. Another dealer and I are already committed to buying a good number ourselves, but if I make a special offer on prepaid guns to individuals, it will up the number enough to entice Ruger to want to make them. We'll see.

mrwickwire

Bearcat
Are you making a list of people who want RH or LH versions of this rifle? Or, are you only making a list of those who want the LH version?

vol423

Bearcat
I'm taking a list of those who want the lefty, because if they want it at a reduced price they will need to pay in advance. Any dealer with an account at Lipseys can purchase the RH guns for their customers. So you don't have to buy one from me. However, I have already talked to Lipseys about setting some RH guns aside for me and I'll sell you one as soon as my guns come in. I won't need to take advanced payments on the right hand guns. So yes, if you want a RH gun, I'll put you on my list.

toysoldier

Hunter
I contacted Lipsey's, and was told they have no information about this deal. I sent an inquiry to Ruger, but have received no response. Without confirmation from one of these, count me out.

vol423

Bearcat
Obviously you talked to the wrong person at Lipseys. As I sald before, no one will send any money until Lipseys confirms with me that the deal is a go. At that point I will post the communication from the right person at Lipseys that confirms the deal. That's for the skeptics among you.

As for a blind call to Ruger, you should know better than that. My contact there is pretty high up and he knows what's going to be produced and he tells me nothing.

mrwickwire

Bearcat
toysoldier,

I appreciate your diligence. But, you should trust a guy unless he gives you reason not to. Due diligence would have been better accomplished by asking vol423 for his contact at Lipsey's or Ruger, and then speak with those contacts yourself. Or, you could have asked for vol423's FFL info. Everything vol423 says appears to be consistent with these types of Ruger orders from Lipsey's. Moreover, he is not even asking for deposits or money at this time.

Maybe you should hold off on your accusations until he starts asking for money.

toysoldier":3ub5a5i3 said:
I contacted Lipsey's, and was told they have no information about this deal. I sent an inquiry to Ruger, but have received no response. Without confirmation from one of these, count me out.

vol423

Bearcat
I'll be happy to share my contact information with anyone before they place an order. I'm being up front with you guys. I'm using your buying power to get enough guns to induce Ruger to make the run. Once all the pre-orders are delivered, I'll sell the guns that I ordered for what the market will bear. Don't be surprised to see them sell for twice what the pre-orders go for.

toysoldier

Hunter
mrwickwire":znswue3m said:
toysoldier,

I appreciate your diligence. But, you should trust a guy unless he gives you reason not to. Due diligence would have been better accomplished by asking vol423 for his contact at Lipsey's or Ruger, and then speak with those contacts yourself. Or, you could have asked for vol423's FFL info. Everything vol423 says appears to be consistent with these types of Ruger orders from Lipsey's. Moreover, he is not even asking for deposits or money at this time.

Maybe you should hold off on your accusations until he starts asking for money.

No accusation here. I simply stated that an independent inquiry to Lipsey's produced no confirmation. Maybe no one there knows what is going on. I have seen FFL information from vol423. I need more information before committing a chunk of cash. To quote the Great Communicator, "Trust, but verify". I will not let my eagerness to have a LH Ruger in the caliber I want get the better of my caution.

A

Anonymous

I assume these are going to be wood/blued guns?

Thanks,

The Kaiser

MIshooter

Single-Sixer
Based on vol423's info on who to talk to at Lipsey's I had my dealer talk with his sale rep there and it did not sound like a go at that time. I hope this does happen as I would like to have one and have held off on other purchases to have funds available if and when it happens. But... I won't wait forever.