sp101,lcr, price flip flop?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
i bought a lcr 9mm right before christmas. the 9mm and 357 were the same price and since i had several thousand rds of ammo i got the 9mm. regular price was $480+tax and the sp101 was $509+tax. i go to the shop a few days ago, they got a new sp101 in and it's $529+tax they have a lcr on order and i was told they would be at least $539-$549 for the 9mm,357 or 327. why did the lcr pass the sp101 in price? i was just wondering. i called a few more shops and they were out but if they ordered then the lcr would be more. just thought someone might know, i would think the sp101 should be more. thanks

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
I always thought that sometimes Ruger will produce a batch of a particular model and maybe wait several months ( or longer) before making them again. When that batch comes to market, sometimes that price may drop just a touch as the batch gets circulated around. During these periods between production, prices sometimes drift back up and the model temporarily becomes harder to find for a while.

I find Davidsons site to be very useful for that very reason. Sometimes they will show a gun to be "on sale". Now, I have never actually bought anything by ordering from them directly, but it is s great tool in telling me if something may get "momentarily cheaper".

A good example is the SP 101 3" barrel 38 special only. There are 99 there now. Maybe more behind that-who knows. I have an original one of these from the early 90's. Now I may buy one of the new issues, but not at $525 or higher.
If they cheapen- then I may find one on GB (or here).

The other thing is the wealth of knowledge contained right here on this site. Someone here I think first alerted me to the SP101. By pooling our info here, we help each other and frequently get stuff at great prices.

In summary, if you see a something at a real good price, you got the cash, you may want to strike while the iron is hot.

Flatbush