SP101 .22LR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Palu

Bearcat
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=600745

:shock:

I'm getting one, if it comes out. Just rumors now, though.

stantheman86

Buckeye
What does the High Road thread say, that someone saw a new production .22 LR SP101? :)

I would love to find out this is true, so that used ones don't command $800 price tags anymore.......

Palu

Bearcat
Just saw this thread, too...

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=117838&sid=eeef29c10cd1a5d9bc5b5f5d26567e92

sd550

Bearcat
Saw an article in the Aug. issue of Guns & Ammo about the new SP101 in .22lr. It is 8-shot with a 4.3" half lug barrel with fully adj. sights with the front being a green fiber bead. It has a MSRP of $645. Great looking little gun.

stantheman86

Buckeye
Makes sense, with the Single 10 coming out, the new .22 SP101 was sure to follow.

I would like to have seen the "traditional" .22 SP101 come back, but I'll take an 8-shot. I would probably install a standard front sight in it.

A

Anonymous

Finally, though I already gave up and got my Bearcats. I imagine the Bearcats would still be #1 for me, as I don't like the SP's grip setup.

By the time I could afford this new SP-101, used ones will be very common, anyway........ :cry:

David-R

Bearcat
Ruger posted this on Facebook

Just to clear things up....
by Ruger on Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 3:57pm

An article on a Ruger SP101 in .22 LR was recently published in the August issue of Guns & Ammo Magazine, which just hit newsstands. This article was inadvertently run, as Ruger is not producing a SP101 in .22 LR at this time. This model is not available for sale and we are sorry that this article gives that impression. Both Ruger and Guns & Ammo Magazine apologize for any confusion.

Be sure to stayed tuned to Ruger.com and our Facebook page for the latest product launch information! When any new product is ready to hit the streets - you'll hear it from us first!

- June 30, 2011

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Ruger will need to go a very, very long way to beat the M63 for a "kit gun".
Light weight, good trigger, great sights, etc.

The SP101 HL may come close (with decent wood grips), but the weight may be "all-day carry" prohibitive?

I'd like the option, in any case!

reakin

Single-Sixer
Is this like how Ruger hushed the early rumors of the SR40c a month or two ago when someone let that cat out of the bag too soon?? I hope so, Ruger is really missing the boat here.

reakin

stantheman86

Buckeye
The key word is "not producing the .22 SP101 at this time"........at this time means they could start releasing them in 3 or 4 months, but just "not at this time".

luvmyruger

Blackhawk
Boy, I read the G&A article before I saw this, and immediately decided I HAD to have one.................

Now, looks like I have to wait.......

With that article, I am sure they will make them. My guess is that they didnt have it in full production yet in quantities to meet initial demand.

Fishman777

Bearcat
Ruger just released the Single-10. Does it make sense to release a single action .22lr and then release the sp101 a few weeks later.

No...

I would have probably bought the Single-10, but now I probably will hold out and get the SP101, instead. I'm sure that a lot of folks will do the same thing.

G&A screwed up. If I were Ruger, I'd threaten to pull my advertising from that publication unless they gave me a helluva sweet deal. I'd at least want the SP101 release to be a cover story when they finally launch it.

I acutally would like to get both formerly mentioned guns, but I probably will just stick with one in the short term. It'll be the SP101, unless G&A screws up again and releases an article about a 10 shot GP100 with a 5" half lug barrel.

Gumby

Bearcat
stantheman86 said:
The key word is "not producing the .22 SP101 at this time"........at this time means they could start releasing them in 3 or 4 months, but just "not at this time".

Well said! Does Ruger expect us to believe they built just one?

stantheman said:
I would like to have seen the "traditional" .22 SP101 come back, but I'll take an 8-shot. I would probably install a standard front sight in it.

I think the article in G&A said that a gun with standard sights will also be offered.

Gumby

rdf009

Single-Sixer
Seems that Ruger has ammended their Facebook post. Here's what they say now:
"Guns & Ammo accidentally "jumped the gun" and released this story prematurely; we hope to begin shipping this model by August 1, but we'll keep you posted!"

August 1st? So now they ARE planning on making it?

mjh

Single-Sixer
Ausgust 1st or there abouts will be just fine, money is set aside, and we're ready to buy!!!

A

Anonymous

Other companies have to get up to speed on this. There is no good holster for this SP, and no speedloaders.

SamV

Buckeye
Pictures? Although I have a nice used S and W model 17, I would not mind another .22 DA.