Sorry it's 1957 NOT 1956 .44 Mag Flat top

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T Blade

Bearcat
I've had this handgun for about 25 years. It has become a closet queen, as all of my collection. As I read in Gub Blast it is considered a type 2

PICT3317.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Does it "letter" as a '56 vintage .44? A few were made in November of '56 and about 1,000 more in December of '56.

I have a couple of those Dec. '56 guns.

43821280.jpg

This one's been reblued at least once....... :D

flatgate

wwb

Hunter
flatgate said:
.......This one's been reblued at least once....... :D

flatgate

Yeah, but they screwed up the bluing on the loading gate - it's all purple and stuff (or maybe I should say "plum") :wink:

americal

Hunter
Ain't seen a flat-top I did not like :!: so yours is 8) too--even like the wear on it. I see an old ACE trigger shoe-- I think the ones made for Ruger SA's were # 24's that could be a # 9

T Blade

Bearcat
americal said:
Ain't seen a flat-top I did not like :!: so yours is 8) too--even like the wear on it. I see an old ACE trigger shoe-- I think the ones made for Ruger SA's were # 24's that could be a # 9

It came with a cowboy style holster and belt and obviously the gun has been in and out of it quite often over the years. Thanks, I was wondering about the trigger shoe.

T Blade

Bearcat
:eek: Well now that I got everyone excited about my 56, I screwed up, it's actually a 57, 4 digit serial # 4XXX. It was a long day yesterday

Sorry

Here is a pic of the other side.

PICT3316.jpg