Some things gathering dust

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief 101

Hunter
I had not shot at steel since 1982 I think but continued my subscription to IHSMA until 1985. Some of you will recognize this stuff most will not. Much of it is still packed away and or tossed out...I enjoy the memories these items bring...

Chief 101

Hunter
nice package, I had a blued 357 Dan Wesson that I won some championships early on, maybe '78 or so...they have a tendency to shoot well...no scopesights were used at the time I was involved...

Don Lovel

Hunter
I shot IHMSA matches at Sand Springs Sportsman's club regularly in Oklahoma when I lived there.
I also got to shoot a match at a gun club outside Lincoln New Mexico. IHMSA was really fun and being a handgun deer hunter, what I learned on the range has come in dang handy. If I have a good rest and get a shot on a deer out to 2ooyds with my 7 1/2" Bisley 45 I have confidence that I can make a lethal hit at that range.
I loved spotting for other shooters, cool watching rounds fly downrange and splatter on the target

willk

Blackhawk
I Wish, Everyone who wishes they could shoot silhouette again, would shoot silhouette again. We need you and we miss you a WHOLE BUNCH

Will Kirste IHMSA #55993

357Maximum

Bearcat
I shoot silhouette from 1984 until 1989. Whenever my buddy and I talk , always goes back to the fun we had.

I only shot cast bullets , highest score was a 38. High score Standing 31 . Mostly used 2 44 Rugers a 10.5 and a 7.5 stainless. Had a tough time keeping the ejector housing on both of them.

Also shot .357 Maximum Ruger 10.5, Ruger Gp100 6", TC 7TCU 10 and 14" and 357 Maximum 10"

Always cast bullets .

Had an enormous amount of fun.

Glory Days.

Chief 101

Hunter
By '82 when I moved to an area without matches, I think the best I did with a 357 Mag Dan Wesson was 36 and standing revolver score was less than 30, a good score in those days, not sure what the record was. I did shoot 7.5 Super, not sure the longer barreled ones were available at the time. At one match that I shot in OC, Cal., maybe '79or '80, there must have been a mention in the paper because a crowd of spectators showed up. I was shooting an RPM Merrill in 357 mag offhand where the crowd gathered around and made me feel like a Toreador. I cleaned the chickens and pigs and there was a growing cheer with each downed steel target. Later that same day with my homebuilt xp100/308W I shot a 40 with mulligans on the last 5 shots...glare from the rams made them unseeable so I didn't take a shot and when the round was over they allowed me to try again with my spotter telling me where the targets were and I cleared the last 5 rams off their stands with the same crowd cheering. I don't remember having spectators at any other match, but it was much enjoyable. yes 357 an enormous amount of fun
Chief IHMSA#1321

mhblaw

Blackhawk
My IHMSA # was 1444, back in the day, early 80's. Had an XP-100 in 7mm IHMSA for unlimited and used a Ruger NMBH in 41 Mag for production. I don't think anyone shoots that here anymore.