Some pics of my new bike, VIDEO LINK ADDED !!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cruzerlou

Buckeye
She's a 1981 Yamaha XT 500 thumper, basically striped down to a TT, Lots of upgrades and go fast parts , battery eliminator kit,(saves weight) Renthal handle bars, aluminum TT tank, ICO Racing Rally computer, Garmin Etrax GPS, YZ 490 front forks and triple trees, Olins coil over oil rear shocks, over 12" of ground clearance, Overboard from 87.00 mm to 87.50mm , Cam, Ported and Polished, stage 3 carb kit, Flow performance racing exhaust.
Lots of little things too, like YZ 490 foot pegs and shift and rear brake lever, Renthal hand guards,
FX front brake lever and mount, FX clutch lever mount with compression release and lever, the list goes on and on. This bike was rebuilt by Classified Moto right here in Richmond.
They build custom bikes, they built the bike that the character Daryl rides in the T.V. series The Walking Dead, not the Triumph chopper, but his new bike the in line four with the knobbles on it.
the donor bike was a 1992 Honda CB750 Nightkawk. They also did a custom bike for Actress
Katee Sackhoff from the T.V. series Longmire, the donor bike for that was a Honda RX650L .
These guys are pros, their good, check out their bikes at http://www.classifiedmoto,com.
This bike has gobs of torque from idle all the way up to 6,000 RPM's and with the heavy flywheel you can lug it way down and with the overbore , carb and exhaust throttle response is instant and with the aftermarket chain tensioner there's no chain slap.
Weight is down to around 290 pounds , a bit heavy compared to todays big thumpers but the engine up grades makes up for it. She handles every bit as good as any new bike . A new KTM 500[ actually a 510 cc] EXC four stroke weighs 246 pounds, retails at $7699.00 puts 50 H.P at the rear wheel and 34 ft-lb of toque, my bike is right at 40 H.P. and 30 ft-lbs of toque , but the big KTM's and Husqvarna FE 501
[58 H.P.$10,599.00 retail] are the only new 500cc four stroke bikes that out that out power mine.
I paid $3,400.00 for this completely rebuild bike and I'm not looking to go do any serous Enduro racing anyway, but if I were I'd be in the vintage bike class and there it will compete with any thing out there. So this is plenty of bike for my needs/wants and I.M.H.O. looks a lot better than the new wiz bang bikes anyway.
She's a beast!!!!
BTW, I've already have new side plate and finders and have decals for the tank and side plates on the way. I'm gonna get that dent outta the tank too, that and a good detailing and this bike will really look good. She's a head turner as she is.
Went to gas her up today and two guys stopped to look it over. There are VERY few XT/ TT 500's in this shape .

Link to video, crank your volume up on your computer, for some reason my phone isn't picking up sound very good

pete44ru

Hunter

Very nice !

I've always like thumpers, and the nice thing about rice-burner thumpers is that they're stone-reliable.

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Thanks guys gonna upload a video or link,to one ,which ever I can on the starting drill and maybe one on a little riding through the tight woods .
Lou