sneak peek SR9 mag extension

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
It is no slip traction tape from lowes. 2 inch 20 ft roll of the stuff is like 4 dollars, works great but sucks for ccw. I don't use this gun for that anymore so it's no big deal. It is a great grip for next to no cash.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
its been a while since an update. any info. i think we are all excited!!!! i want 4 :)

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Hey guys. We are still working on the parts. Should be going into production of the mag extensions soon. Should have mag well protos shortly in stainless and brass. We have the protos of the stainless guide rods on the production list. Purchased the web domain and working on the website. As soon as the LLC is finished we will put the site up.
As for the other stuff on the table: extended mag release button, coated strikers, optic site mount.
Feel free to add some input/suggestions if you'd like.
Thanks,
Eric

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
Egalloway":3apzod2n said:
Hey guys. We are still working on the parts. Should be going into production of the mag extensions soon. Should have mag well protos shortly in stainless and brass. We have the protos of the stainless guide rods on the production list. Purchased the web domain and working on the website. As soon as the LLC is finished we will put the site up.
As for the other stuff on the table: extended mag release button, coated strikers, optic site mount.
Feel free to add some input/suggestions if you'd like.
Thanks,
Eric

can i get a proto right away :wink: jk jk
i know i speak for alot of us saying thanks and we cant wait!

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Thought I'd put an update out. We are finished with testing on the mag extension and are arranging the first production run. We should be able to set up a price soon. I'll put up the pictures of the stainless steel guide rod in the next day or so. I have a website almost ready but am waiting on the LLC paperwork to finish it up before activating it.
What kind of extra length would you all be interested in for the extended mag release, .100 .125 .150 .200 ?
We are redoing the mag well with some small changes. Hopefully have it ready soon.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
i cant wait for the mag extensions and the SS guide rod!!!!!!
thanks for the update :)

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Picture of the stainless guide rod and the stock plastic one next to the stock spring. I'll weigh them and see what the difference is, it's pretty dramatic like 4 complete stock rod/spring to one stainless guide rod.
IMG_3124.jpg

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
i have a question about the guide rod, would we be reusing the stock spring or would you include a new one?

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
hoping to know something from the spring supplier by now, guess they are busy? Contact them Monday. As of right now you'll be reusing your stock spring but I'm working on getting other weight springs.

Ended up scraping my website cause of some issues with the pay online thing and I'm having a custom site made with online checkout built in.

Hope to have a couple extended mag releases made next week to try out. I'll post pics as soon as they are done.

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
mattsbox99":34wcz2k8 said:
Cool, is this within the 140mm guidelines for IPSC/USPSA?

Sure will, don't have any plans to go to the 170mm limit but the current units all fit inside the 140mm rule.

mrpchead

Bearcat
Egalloway":3nz3xzee said:
mattsbox99":3nz3xzee said:
Cool, is this within the 140mm guidelines for IPSC/USPSA?

Sure will, don't have any plans to go to the 170mm limit but the current units all fit inside the 140mm rule.

Any progress to report? I would love to run my SR9 as a Limited gun with a couple of these mag extensions.

William Daugherty

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Happy New Year everyone.
Sorry for the long dwell. We have all our tax id's and business license done. We are in production on a couple of parts and fine tuning the rest. We have changed the magazine extensions to a plastic unit to reduce the cost and speed up the production time. We are still going to offer a labeled extension set with numbering 1-5 for folks but the colors will be reduced to black and gray. May offer more but not right away. Still have a few things to sort out before I bring up the web site but bare with us we are working on getting the parts out there. I post up the a couple pics of the magazine extensions in plastic form shortly.
Thanks,
Eric