sneak peek SR9 mag extension

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Well ran into some issues with the web site and a couple setbacks with the mag extensions. We have worked out the final bugs and according to my site builder they will be finished up late next week.

A few pics of progress.

6magside.jpg

plus6magextinSR9.jpg

stockmag6extendedmag.jpg

Here is sneak peek of the coated strikers we will be selling, we'll also be offering stainless steel striker indicators and reduced power striker springs. The springs may be a little while but it's coming.

coatedstriker.jpg

Another look at the new stainless steel guide rod. Captured and adjustable spring rate.

stkguiderodcapturedsteelrod.jpg

ConradM

Blackhawk
Why is the mag extension so big? Just curious... Kinda looks like a battery pack.

mrpchead

Bearcat
This is a huge letdown for me. Your original "sneak peek" photos were of a beautifully rendered aluminum (??) extension that looked great and was very ergonomic. I had to have it. Now, all these months later we still don't have the original product and what you are now offering is clearly inferior in terms of materials, design and aesthetics.

Very disappointing.

I couldn't use this version if I wanted because it is too large to fit in my spaced mag pouches.

William Duagherty

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
mrpchead":333gykyy said:
This is a huge letdown for me. Your original "sneak peek" photos were of a beautifully rendered aluminum (??) extension that looked great and was very ergonomic. I had to have it. Now, all these months later we still don't have the original product and what you are now offering is clearly inferior in terms of materials, design and aesthetics.
Very disappointing.
I couldn't use this version if I wanted because it is too large to fit in my spaced mag pouches.
William Duagherty

Ouch. Actually we had a large amount of time in trying to work out the aluminum units. This is the pass through and reuse the factory base pad unit so we added material to make it follow the original mag base profile. So if the factory mag fits your mag pouches these will to. They work great in my cheap fobus mag pouches, and the cool race stuff. As far as material it is high impact Derlin plastic one of the many blends out there, but ideal for this use. Design... well it is the same design base but for a reuse of the factory base pad. This is one of the 3 extension designs. The other +6 mag doesn't reuse the base factory base pad, it has a solid bottom.

Conrad hope this answers your question to. I suppose I should have mentioned this. I hope to have the +2 and other solid bottom +6 soon.

William sorry it isn't what your hoping for but I think you'll like the other +6 unit, it will bling and bang your needs. This is one reason we are offering two different styles.

2fast4u thanks, can't wait to let you order one!

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Awesome guys we just sat down and have decided to alter this style +6 mag extension. THANK YOU all for the input. The battery pack comment was so accurate. Being as close to the product and working full time jobs we just didn't see it. However we have to leave the front material but we will be thinning the walls down and will be offering them in white, blue, and black materials as well as possibly aluminum.
On the solid bottom +6 unit we will be losing the extra material on the front edge as planned and thin the walls down to be more like the first prototype. We have also decided to push fwd with it in aluminum only and put it next in line.

Thanks again we are aiming to offer a great product line so feel free to continue suggestions.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Egalloway":rtq0n7j3 said:
Awesome guys we just sat down and have decided to alter this style +6 mag extension. THANK YOU all for the input. The battery pack comment was so accurate. Being as close to the product and working full time jobs we just didn't see it. However we have to leave the front material but we will be thinning the walls down and will be offering them in white, blue, and black materials as well as possibly aluminum.
On the solid bottom +6 unit we will be losing the extra material on the front edge as planned and thin the walls down to be more like the first prototype. We have also decided to push fwd with it in aluminum only and put it next in line.

Thanks again we are aiming to offer a great product line so feel free to continue suggestions.

It reminded me of my cordless drill :p Glad you see it though.

mrpchead

Bearcat
Egalloway":c06r9148 said:

Sorry if I was a bit blunt earlier. In any case I am delighted at the news that you will be creating an all-aluminum +6 model. If it looks like the original prototype then I will be able to fit them on my CR Speed belt with the pouches in their current, permanent positions. Not only that but they are really beautiful. The "battery pack" was not good.

I'm ready to order three!

William Daugherty

pamato18

Bearcat
Hey just saw this thread. A bunch of cool products and parts for the SR9, any update on when these "SR9 performance parts" are supposed to come out to the market??

flgolfer29

Bearcat
Egalloway":14rrj48k said:
Picture of the stainless guide rod and the stock plastic one next to the stock spring. I'll weigh them and see what the difference is, it's pretty dramatic like 4 complete stock rod/spring to one stainless guide rod.
IMG_3124.jpg

I do not have my SR9 with me (at work) so I can't check out the guide rod assembly first hand. Will the extra length on the new stainless guide rod affect it's placement in the gun?

just asking !!

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
actually to get that spring off it he had to cut the one end off the stock guide rod, see its missing one end that keeps the spring self contained..

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
I dont like the looks at all but not opposed to MORE ROUNDS 8)
Them grips are butt ugly too :?
This is NOT a BS reply to a serious thread-
Just my 2 cents & personal opinion ----

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
2fast4u":8wv0v65u said:
we thought that about the ghost triggers 2 !

At least that is a real company that makes something. Maybe not on time but they make something. I have to let you know that I'm not all a twitter about any of this stuff, I like my SR9 pretty much the way it is. This is just so damn interesting to me.

flgolfer29

Bearcat
2fast4u":3lx5jn4l said:
actually to get that spring off it he had to cut the one end off the stock guide rod, see its missing one end that keeps the spring self contained..

Thanks for the info 2fast4u.

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Cheesewhiz":1znygndo said:
2fast4u":1znygndo said:

At least that is a real company that makes something. Maybe not on time but they make something. I have to let you know that I'm not all a twitter about any of this stuff, I like my SR9 pretty much the way it is. This is just so damn interesting to me.

Do you want my business id or tax id number? If you were in as deep into this as I was you'd be hurt to. Keep your SR9 stock, they work just fine that way. Sorry I haven't been able to get my company up producing parts in a recession...

Anyways. I've had some issues getting my prototypes done as of late. Still working on this. I guess I should have my site turned on it is done but there are no prices so it looks good but incomplete, but that is that.

Hopefully in the spring we will have the last of the design and testing done on the extensions and mag well.

As for the grips I agree the hogue handall is goofy and ruins the feel of the SR9 but it is an option so I tried it. I'm sorry no one seems to like the plastic extensions. We have changed it, less battery pack like. In order to get the price down we have a mold designed to make the extensions, wheather we will go through remains to be seen since the AL units seem to be better liked, they'll just cost more.
Snake oil, really who says that?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Egalloway":1wkwrpfj said:
Cheesewhiz":1wkwrpfj said:
2fast4u":1wkwrpfj said:

Do you want my business id or tax id number? If you were in as deep into this as I was you'd be hurt to. Keep your SR9 stock, they work just fine that way. Sorry I haven't been able to get my company up producing parts in a recession...

Anyways. I've had some issues getting my prototypes done as of late. Still working on this. I guess I should have my site turned on it is done but there are no prices so it looks good but incomplete, but that is that.

Hopefully in the spring we will have the last of the design and testing done on the extensions and mag well.

As for the grips I agree the hogue handall is goofy and ruins the feel of the SR9 but it is an option so I tried it. I'm sorry no one seems to like the plastic extensions. We have changed it, less battery pack like. In order to get the price down we have a mold designed to make the extensions, wheather we will go through remains to be seen since the AL units seem to be better liked, they'll just cost more.
Snake oil, really who says that?

There are two things in the world that I know an awful lot about, Guns and Manufacturing. In this recession I have more vendors banging on the my office door offering to get our business at hugely discounted rates. They are trying to keep their own doors open and the quotes are quite low in comparison to even just a year ago. The company I work for is fairly busy and we use a lot of outside machine shops, molding shops and the like and it is easy as heck to get someone to get a new project up and running at the moment. So I guess I don't understand why you are having issues unless it is investment that is the hold up.
I laid off your thread for a long time as I didn't want to be the naysayer right off the bat but I would say that I found your mag extension to be ill conceived and well, pretty damn ugly.
The SR9 comes with 17 round mags, if it came with a 6 or 7 round mag I could see a regular shooter wanting some additional rounds but at 17, I say that is high capacity. Most pistol shooters don't long for 20+ magazines as they are rather gawdy and would be more likely coveted by the much smaller and more spastic geeky wanker shooter's group.
In this time of big gun and ammo sales I would say if you had a good product in this market people would fall all over themselves to buy it.
You started this thread many months ago and as far as I know you haven't sold one thing yet.
I have a couple of suggestions, don't announce a product on a forum until you are almost ready to deliver, maybe give some prototypes out to a few people for testing and get some word of mouth going.
I have nothing against you at all but I didn't think this looked good from the get go and I did wait 7 months to say something about it.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
I have to give Egalloway credit for trying to come out with something that range shooters like myself want to have!
he even posted pictures so you know he isn't just talking, he has prototypes, but i would understand hes trying to get a product out that more people would like...more sales= more money!
even if it takes a while to get it up and running.... it took ghost a long time to do the same dang thing.
o yeah and apple didn't just start overnight either.......

either way even if this didn't come out for us for a while o well. To me good things are worth the wait.

but Cheesewhiz does have some good points such as where he said "maybe give some prototypes out to a few people for testing and get some word of mouth going. "

:!: that being said :D ill test it out
8)

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Well can't please everybody. I have some folks that love the AL units and some that love the plastic units.
I've no problem finding shops to do the work, just one I can afford and will get it done in a timely manner. I have to pay for everything as I go so that slows things down.
I do have a few prototypes being tested outside of myself. The input comes back to me not a forum.
Cheese hack if your mad but I'm putting the effort into this not you. I understand your upset haveing to wait but believe me it's worse on my end. I had enough faith in these pistols to leap into designing and producing products. If you don't like the parts thats fine, make a useful suggestion for one and we'll consider it.
To everyone else thanks for the understanding, it's not been forgot and all the pms are kept and I will show my thanks for the interest and support through this.