Single Six top collectables?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Have gotten bitten really badly by the Single Six bug, simply like .22's and shooting them. Have a bunch of rifles and pistols, but no revolvers, which are my true love (mine are just currently all big bores).

Picked up a Bisley Single Six with the kind assist of one of the members, and now looking at another one, actually have bitten on it.

From a collectors standpoint, looking at new(er) models, which would rank as the top 5 or 10 most collectible Single Sixes?

Thanks!

flatgate

Hawkeye
I'm no New Model expert, but, the "Shootist" .22 LR Bisley probably "takes the cake".

There are some Very Interesting "non-convertible" .22's out there that are tough to find.

You REALLY need to subscribe to the Red Eagle News Exchange! It's THE Source for up to date info on Ruger firearms.

flatgate

Coogs

Maximum
RCA Spainish and American engraved, RCA "D" guns, Hansen "D" guns, any "S" or "U" marked, like the "star" marked, but actually rarer, the "house" or "arrow" marked SSR single cylinder .22 lr only, guns, fluted cylinder Bisleys, fixed sight and adjustable sights............the list can go on! Coogs.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
The 17HMR/17 Mach 2 Single Six Hunter Convertable should make any list of highly collectable SS.

Note that there are so many different versions of the single six that I doubt if anybody can have all the models. Heck, I wonder how many have all of just the old model and there are far fewer of those to have to find.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
SteelShooter,
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see that you have an interest in Collectable New Model Single-Sixs. As you have been advised by the above posts joining the RENE is an absolute must!! The info you seek is
there and it would not hurt to join thr RCA while you are at it! :D.
Might as well jump in with both feet!

Remeber what is Collectable to one may not be for another, that is why
the info in the RENE reference is invaluable. It will help you decide what
direction you want to go. Best of luck to you!! We need more Ruger
Collectors.

Heres My Top Ten Collectable New Model Single-Sixs.

GKNR-4F -Uncataloged Only Three Made!!! - In my opinion the "Holy Grail". Extremley Rare

KRB-24AW - "Tom Ruger Shootist Bisley"- Only 52 made. Extremley Rare. The 1st and only one that I have seen auctioned went for close
to 4K.

S4 - 45/8" Blue Star Single Cylinder Gun - 200? made - Only 12 Known
Extremely Rare!!
S9 - 91/2" Blue Star Single Cylinder Gun - Rare!

KS4 - 45/8" Stainless Star Single Cylinder Gun - Rare! - 900 made.
KS9 - 91/2" Stainless Star Single Cylinder Gun - Very Scarce!

KNR4 - 45/8" Stainless Steel "Liberty Model" - Rare! Only 300 made!
KNR9 - 91/2" Stainless Steel Single-Six - 1500 made! Very Scarce.

NR4F - Uncataloged Type III Variation - 50 or less made - Only 4 known - Very Rare!
NR4F - Uncataloged Type I Variation - 200? made - Only 1 Known. Very Rare!!

There are alot more that I could add but you ask for a Top Ten list so
these are mine. I hope another New Model Collector chimes in and gives you his Top Ten.

Best to you in pursuing your interest which will soon turn to an Addiction
if you are not carefull.
:wink:

radicalrod

Hunter
Gosh once I get all the OLD MODELS I was going to start collecting NEW MODELS......BUT you guys are SCARING ME :lol: :lol: :lol: heck I only need like 3 more and I will have them all......opps I forgot a couple of ZERO's.....make that 300 more :shock: :shock: :shock: see ya RR.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
radicalrod":2afh1lmq said:
Gosh once I get all the OLD MODELS I was going to start collecting NEW MODELS......BUT you guys are SCARING ME :lol: :lol: :lol: heck I only need like 3 more and I will have them all......opps I forgot a couple of ZERO's.....make that 300 more :shock: :shock: :shock: see ya RR.

SteelShooter,
Please take this as an example of what may happen to YOU!! :lol:
Radical is a Collector who is constantly chasing numbers :wink: this
is what happens when you acquire most of the guns you need then
you have to pair them up (consecutives) :)

Please take carefull note of his avatar handle!!! When it comes to numbers
he has been known to get "Certified" :lol: :lol:

You are beginning down a road of NO RETURN!!!

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Hey thanks to everyone, especially TA, his list is quire "enlightening" to say the least. Have already ordered copy of the full sized Ruger Reference from Chet and was delighted to hear it also included a subscription to the Red Eagle as well, so have that in the works as of last week.

Just kind of chomping at the bit LOL. Had what sounded like a couple of really good deals come up, and didn't pass them up, but this all got my curiosity heightened. Going to have to compare guns to Ruger Reference and see how I fared, once dust settles and have guns in my hands.

Hopefully will post some pics, gotta figure that one out.

americal

Hunter
SteelShooter":zmvpcez5 said:
Hey thanks to everyone, especially TA, his list is quire "enlightening" to say the least. Have already ordered copy of the full sized Ruger Reference from Chet and was delighted to hear it also included a subscription to the Red Eagle as well, so have that in the works as of last week.

Just kind of chomping at the bit LOL. Had what sounded like a couple of really good deals come up, and didn't pass them up, but this all got my curiosity heightened. Going to have to compare guns to Ruger Reference and see how I fared, once dust settles and have guns in my hands.

I believe you are SERIOUS about this collecting :) GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN :D

JNewell

Single-Sixer

The problem with Single Sixes like this is that they are so incredibly shootable!!! :D

JNewell":3bdp948x said:

The problem with Single Sixes like this is that they are so incredibly shootable!!! :D

So...Ya buy one for the safe, and one for the holster. Can ya even tell which one's never been shot?
GEDC0164.jpg

WAYNO. :mrgreen:

Scott

Single-Sixer
my KNR4 is just rare enough that I feel like I have something "special", but not so much to make me concerned about using it for what it was meant for (to be shot!).

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
Yup! It really is a slippery slope, from which there is no return. I got "Bit" by the Single Six bug some time last year. I started out with two and am now up to 16. It more or less consumes you, and you're constantly on the lookout. I've got to be carefull that I don't spend my retirement on .22 revolvers! As far as rare ones go, I don't really have any yet. If I happen on one for the right price you can bet I'll jump on it, but right now I just look for variations I don't yet have. I guess you could say I'm acumulating so far. Good luck SteelShooter, and have fun.

flatgate

Hawkeye
SteelShooter":26sxwq6h said:

You'll need some sort of image editing software so you can size the images so they'll fit on a medium sized monitor. You'll also need to adjust the memory size of the image. I try to keep them below 200 kb and usually more like 100 kb in respect for those with slower connection speeds.

The image needs to be "hosted" by a server. I use www.photobucket.com and www.picturetrail.com . The former is free and the latter costs a few bucks.

The host server will assign a URL to each individual image. One simply surrounds the URL with the Forum Code "tags" that tells the Forum that an image is being posted. Here's an example Your Image's URL Here[/i].

Additional instructions appear in Ruger Forum's Gallery section.

flatgate

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Flatgate,

Appreciate tips and how to, will post pictures once they all get to my FFL and I get them picked up, if it all works out, have one there, one SPF and a couple of unplanned ones I stumbled onto by pure dumb luck.

Travel a bit, and always like to check small gun shops in out of the way places, looking at the dusty stuff that didn't sell. Every once in a while the blind squirrel finds a couple of acorns :lol:

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
So...Ya buy one for the safe, and one for the holster. Can ya even tell which one's never been shot?
GEDC0164.jpg

WAYNO. :mrgreen:[/quote]

The top one cause it is missing the warning mark. What do I win?

seeemmiss":1kvnvo2o said:

WAYNO. :mrgreen:

The top one cause it is missing the warning mark. What do I win?[/quote]

You're perzactly correct! Send me your address and I'll send you a special prize. :D

WAYNO.