shoulder holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Decide whether you want a vertical carry or horizontal. With the SP101 3", horizontal would be fine for most adult males. Next, decide if you want an offside tie-down or just a stabilizing strap under your offside arm pit.
I carried a small pistol (PPK size) in a horizontal with elastic armpit stabilizer for years w/o any real problems. SP101 is a bit heavier but not much. Wear one size bigger shirt and no one notices the bulk.

Durango Dave

Single-Sixer
I just got an Alien Gear shoulder holster and love it.
With a shoulder holster you have to decide if you want to open carry or conceal carry.
If you're okay with open carry, no problem. If you want to conceal maybe just wear a coat but it may not be that easy. For example if you end up going to a restaurant that wasn't in you original plans, what do you do? Eat with your coat on or open carry?

The Galco is my favorite. They make one for the ruger sp101 but I don't have one for my sp101's. I like a flat pistol best for shoulder carry.
20220713_125858.jpg

I like Diamond D as well.View attachment 31381
Holy cow man---do you own part of the Diamond D company?

I only have one for the Redhawks. The nice part about an open toe holster is that it will take all of the Redhawks. Although the long ones would be pretty awkward, the 2.75", 4", 5.5" all work great. Even the 7.5" isn't too bad---just stick's out there aways.

Last edited: