Shaving Kit Karma...We Have a Winner!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ohio! Way too freakin' close to the city!
Yes, please put me in. For years I had a full beard but now that I'm an old man, I shave every day! When I've tried to grow it out, it looks nice, but I always feel like I look like Gabby Hayes!
1692966222687.png

Gopher

Single-Sixer
I could use an upgrade. I'm still using Dad's old adjustable Gillette and my first razor, a single-blade Gillette for trim work. I also still use his Old Spice shaving mug and the brush is probably older than me.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Don't put me in. When I retired I needed something to do to fill the time - growing a beard seemed the easiest.
True , you can STILL grow a beard even when you are napping.
But gaining weight is awful easy also ,,,,, and a way more pleasant hobby.

Don't put me in. I do want to thank you for mentioning the Friday Night Fights sponsored by Gillette. Brought back memories of watching them with my Dad. I think they also had fights on Wednesday night. Do you prefer the Brown or the new Blue Blade? :) :) :) :)
VERY generous of you.
I'm surprised Cholo didn't put his name in since his razor broke a while ago.

bwct

Bearcat
I have always used this type of razor. The blades are often difficult to find. Will appreciate a chance to have these. Thanks

For the 24 years that I was on active duty, and the four years before that when I was in ROTC in college, growing a beard was not an option. When I "retired" in 1990 one of the first things I did was to stop shaving every day. On and off over the last 33 years I have had long beards, short beards, Van Dyke beards, and for the last couple of years, no beard at all. Most days I just use my electric shaver, but while that gets my face to look clean shaven, it does not feel smooth. So every other day I shave with a disposable Gillete razor, which lasts a dozen shaves or so before I have to replace it. I would never go back to the old double edge "safety" razors with which I would end up with small cuts on my face more often than not.

crstrode

Single-Sixer
I grew up with Gillette blue blades.

About 40 years ago I broke down and tried a Trac 2. Since that time my face has not once been adorned with bloody TP. Bulk el-cheapo disposables do a dandy bloodless job.

"Safety razor" and "double-edge blade" should never be uttered in the same breath.