Sentimental Journey in flight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
As we hoped I took my wife and son back on Friday to see the B-17 Sentimental Journey in hopes that we could see it either take off or land. The airport here is fairly small compared to others, the B-17 being the largest plane I believe that has ever come in there except for a B-24 back when I was in high school. There is a back road behind the airport and as we were driving it I looked out over my left shoulder in time to see the B-17 coming in to land. Needless to say those four radial engines easily drowned out the headers and dual exhaust of my 390 Ford V8 we were in.
When we got to the airport they had shut the B-17 down and were getting ready to take another group out. So we waited and got a few get pictures as it took off and came back in and the pilot did a couple of fly overs. After we had been there for a while we waited for the B-17 to take off for a third time and then we headed over to that back road and there is a turn off where you can park. About twenty minutes later we were greeted with a wonderful sight as the Sentimental Journey came in just over the trees.

Brules

Single-Sixer
Last night I went to a birthday party for a 90 year old gentleman that flew B17's in Europe in WW II.

Zeus

Blackhawk
The Memphis Belle was here in KC a few weeks back and I wanted to go see it but was out of town at the time. I love those old planes!

FastEd

Hunter
RIVERSIDE, OH, Home of the Air Force Museum
Beautiful Airplane...
She was at the Wright Brothers air port several years ago .
I let my 12 year old grandson do the tour.

Betty Grable never looked better...
30cyivk.jpg

Latest posts