Sent my gun to Ruger, got back a little more than I expected

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rclark

Hunter
To say I'm tickled is a gross understatement. I'm thrilled!!!
:D . They only forgot to blue it for you ;) . Hah! Anyway, looks great! Now to find out how it shoots!!!! I was just out yesterday morning testing some more .44Spec loads in one of my .44Spec flattops.... wanted to get chrono data for 2400 from 15g to 17g under 240g bullet. That said, I bet you are 'put off' with Ruger now and won't contemplate buying another gun from them :p . Good PR if you ask me! Enjoy!!! Oh, I prefer 5 1/2" barrels myself. Waiting for Ruger to come out with a blued 5 1/2" .357 flattop to complete my set of medium frame calibers.....

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
MaxP said:
chris_ said:
Hope you aren't planning to shoot that ammo.

They work better with powder and primers, LOL!

That is really beautiful!
I bet it's hard to get the powder in through that little flash hole. ...but some people have their own way of doing things. :D :D :roll:

williamc

Single-Sixer
I'm experimenting with super-inexpensive reloading recipes. They work ok, but it's hard to get the flame from my Bic past the recoil shield!

Seriously, I'm new to reloading and I used dummy rounds to set up my dies.

My first range trip with my new/old Blackhawk is this weekend. Can't wait!!

ProfessorWes

Hunter
Gorgeous gun, and I'm glad Ruger went the extra mile to not only make things right, but to give you precisely what you wanted.

Hard to tell from that first photo, and it may be a trick of the light, but I don't see the safety warning on the bottom of the barrel. Did they omit that as well? If so, that's another mark in Ruger's favor... :lol:

williamc

Single-Sixer
It's on the bottom.

Which further makes me wonder where they got the barrel from? The only stainless .44 with a 5.5" barrel in the catalog is this one:

http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelSuperBlackhawkStandard/specSheets/0811.html

Do super blackhawk barrels have the same barrel profiles?

I thought having the warning on the bottom is a New Vaquero/Flattop thing.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Well now that is news!!!!
Maybe Lipsey's finaly going to have the KNVB-445 run :?: These were suppose to have been made along with the KNVB-444, but it never happened.
Terry

M'BOGO

Buckeye
T.A. WORKMAN said:
Well now that is news!!!!
Maybe Lipsey's finaly going to have the KNVB-445 run :?: These were suppose to have been made along with the KNVB-444, but it never happened.
Terry

That would be some money in the bank...

Or a Bisley to match the 5.5" stainless Bisleys in the other calibers :D

xtratoy

Buckeye
I waited a long time before buying my 5.5" blued 44 Spl. I was waiting for the gun you received from Ruger. I wonder if I twist my barrel out of alignment and send it back with a nice letter on how I wish it was Stainless I could get a happy ending! :shock: I really like your gun and will sell the one I have and get one like yours if they decide to sell them.

chapped lips

Single-Sixer
I'd be onboard for a s/s 5 1/2" 44SPL as well.

If a Bisley model,i'd buy 2!......promise!

jhco50

Bearcat
I have not been happy with the fit and finish on the Rugers in my area lately and pretty much swore off buying another one. However, that one is everything a person could ask for. It is beautiful and it looks like fit and finish are up to the standards I expect from a manufacturer. Now I'm jealous.

BRL

Single-Sixer
weconway said:
I took 2 weeks from shipped to received. Officially the gun got a new barrel, ERH and a spot refinishing. Total charge - $0..

I was worried that when Bill Ruger Sr. passed away, and Bill Ruger Jr. retired, that the company might end up like Colt's Firearms Company, or S&W was for awhile.

Where the only thing that really mattered was the bottom $$$.

My Single Six is at Ruger now, getting a new cylinder, and the price they quoted me, makes me glad I sent the gun to them, instead of taking a chance on e-bay or Gunbroker.

It seems that Ruger Customer Service is alive and well! :D

Really like the look of your revolver weconway!

steve b

Single-Sixer
To me also, the 5 1/2" barrel looks right on that frame size. Thats how I got my blued NM FT .44spec too. Enjoy. steve b