security six grips and holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gman82001

Single-Sixer
I'm looking for help on grips for my six. It's a 152 prefix I remember seeing somewhere a few months ago someone (I think it was ruger) had new old stock grips for 10 or 15 bucks but for the life of me I can't find who it was. I'd like a set of factory ones just for the nostalgic look/feel but I'm also wanting some nice looking aftermarket wood grips and was wondering what you guys have. EBay is full of nice smith grips but mostly only the factory grips to fit the ruger. And has anyone used the galco dao 104 holster. I'm planning on this to become my all around hiking/camping gun and like how it can go crossdraw for the atv rides or when I'm wearing my rifle slung on my shoulder.

Link to holster

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/610059/galco-dao-dual-action-outdoorsman-belt-holster-right-hand-4-s-and-w-k-l-frame-ruger-gp100-security-six-speed-six-colt-king-cobra-python-cobra-leather-tan

contender

Ruger Guru
Ruger did have some "New, old stock" grips on clearance a while back. They should fit your gun just fine. Place a WTB ad in our classifieds & you may get a set.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I bought a pair of those wood grips from shopruger.com that I'd be willing to part with. They do have a nick at the bottom of the grips. PM me if interested

gman82001

Single-Sixer
I shot you a pm thanks. Has anybody tried the badger grips on the six series they look good on the website I would just like to get some personal reviews before I try it

gman82001

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the pic. I ordered a set last night because of the look of yours now onto a holster lol

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
I have two DAO holsters. For a double action revolver it is one of my favorites. As you say it can be carried strong side or crossdraw and carries the gun very well on a pants belt and protects the gun well.

Dan

gman82001

Single-Sixer
Dan
When its cross draw does it have a pretty good angle to it I've seen some holsters that keep it almost vertical and I definitely don't want that. I want as much angle to it as I can get I feel it will help when I've got a pack on and the straps found around my waist.

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
gman82001 said:
Dan
When its cross draw does it have a pretty good angle to it I've seen some holsters that keep it almost vertical and I definitely don't want that. I want as much angle to it as I can get I feel it will help when I've got a pack on and the straps found around my waist.

Yes it is angled back quite a bit when in the cross draw position. I have not used it with a pack, so I went and tried it out. I have two packs, a large frame pack and a smaller internal frame. The large one has a waist strap that fit easily under the holster and the smaller pack's waist strap fit nicely above it. I would have not trouble using either of my packs with this rig. The one I tested was for a 5.5" Redhawk. A security six would probably work all the better.

I have worn mine when riding in a SXS ATV and while on horseback as well as a day of "in and out" of a pick up and I like it for all of these uses.

Dan

gman82001

Single-Sixer
BIgMuddy said:
gman82001 said:
Dan

Yes it is angled back quite a bit when in the cross draw position. I have not used it with a pack, so I went and tried it out. I have two packs, a large frame pack and a smaller internal frame. The large one has a waist strap that fit easily under the holster and the smaller pack's waist strap fit nicely above it. I would have not trouble using either of my packs with this rig. The one I tested was for a 5.5" Redhawk. A security six would probably work all the better.

I have worn mine when riding in a SXS ATV and while on horseback as well as a day of "in and out" of a pick up and I like it for all of these uses.

Dan

Awesome thank you very much that's exactly what I was hoping for looks like ill be ordering one up very soon.

edlmann

Blackhawk
contender said:
Ruger did have some "New, old stock" grips on clearance a while back. They should fit your gun just fine. Place a WTB ad in our classifieds & you may get a set.

Looks like they're gone.

Numrich has the Sile equivalent.

486290.JPG