Scout Rifle rear sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mike4570

Bearcat
Just picked up a 308 Scout today. Forward mounted a 2 3/4 power Burris on it but, I also wanted to mount a conventional 1x4 power and get them both sighted in.
Problem is the rear sight. Tried to remove the screw but it would not budge. Does Ruger use a thread locking compound on these things?
Thanks for any input!

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
mike4570 said:
Just picked up a 308 Scout today. Forward mounted a 2 3/4 power Burris on it but, I also wanted to mount a conventional 1x4 power and get them both sighted in.
Problem is the rear sight. Tried to remove the screw but it would not budge. Does Ruger use a thread locking compound on these things?
Thanks for any input!

Ruger has a Gorilla they use for the sole purpose of screwing in TORX, Allen Head and Slotted Screws, said Gorilla uses a Breaker Bar for Final Torque along with copious amount of Lok-tite........................................

DGW1949

Hunter
It's essentualy the same crappy sight they use on the Mini-14. About all you gotta do to get the sight off is shoot the gun for a while and the screw will vibrate itself out of it's hole and the sight will then fall right off....

......hey, don't laugh....it works.
Took mine less than 50 rounds.

DGW