Scoped SBH Hunter - front sight removal question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tookalisten

Blackhawk
I purchased the Nikon Monarch Extended Eye Relief 2.5 - 8 x 28 scope to place on my SBH Bisley Hunter. It has the perfect eye relief for me and was within my price range at $269.
Upon mounting, I realized that I would have to remove either the front or rear sight to get it to seat into the rings properly. I removed the front sight since it is the easiest. Got the scope mounted and it shoots great.
However, without a front sight, the plunger pin that you press to release the front sight will extend out the front end of the barrel after shooting.

Question - does Ruger make a low profile sight that I can snap into place, or would you just grind the existing one down so the scope will clear and keep the pin in?
I do not plan to ever take the scope off so grinding the front sight down will not hurt me in the long run. I could also order a spare to have just in case I do.
Appreciate your thoughts.

Dale53

Blackhawk
I believe that Ruger offers extra sights for a small fee. My Red Hawk has interchangeable sights and I have a couple of extras for it. As I remember, they make some plastic ones that sell for small change. You could easily cut one down for your purpose.

Just give Ruger a call.

FWIW
Dale53